Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other manager games

Options
  • 04-08-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm sorry if it's blasphemy to even talk about this here, if it is feel free to lock it!

I've played CM/FM since the great CM 01/02 (I remember selecting every single league in every country in the world in my first game and setting the text to very slow, took about 4 hours to reach the opening day of the season!) and i've bought most of the games since, right up to the current FM12. I've fallen in and out of love with the series at various times, usually depending on how well my games are going! I recently seem to have cracked the "starting at the bottom and working your way up" thing which I was never able to do before and it's brought some new enjoyment to the game for me.

I'm sure i'll buy FM13, probably not immediately after it comes out but at some point, but do any FM diehards ever play any other manager games during bad periods with FM? And if so, which ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Theres a few boardsies who play FootballIdentity, its a web based game where you can chose to be a manager, player or journo. The teams and leagues are already in place, theres currently two divisions in Ireland, not based on real teams.

Its hard to describe it, your best off just having a look for yourself. It has its issues but it can be addictive, currently the test match engine is going through testing so its not like the normal match engine.

Heres a video of the 2D match engine, each player is controlled by a real person.

Football Identity

Another web based game is SoccerManager, its okay, theres no match simulator, so once you submit your team for a match, things are out of your control. Not as addictive, each team is controlled by a real person, using real teams and players.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

I tried soccermanager a few years ago and didn't enjoy it at all, can't really remember why!

Might give footballidentity a try :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I tried soccermanager a few years ago and didn't enjoy it at all, can't really remember why!

It's boring, that's why!
    Might give footballidentity a try :cool:

I had a love hate relationship with FID. Glad I left it now.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Been playing trophymanager these past 4 years now. Probably something like soccarmanager I guess (never played that one) but I like it.

Players arnt real, but the manager are. Makes for some good rivalries and banter in the forums. Nicely paced game, theres 3 matches a week so you dont need to devote hours to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

I play quite a few online but i have stuck with freekick.org. Its free(always good!) but it the match engine thats its biggest advantage compared to others out there. But its biggest adv is also its biggest weakness as newbies dont have the patience/intelligence to read the manual/guides and get frustated when they lose to teams with better tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Funny that you should mention this. O'Leary Manager anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Not as polished but you can while away a few hours.

http://bygfoot.sourceforge.net/new/

It is possible to alter the player names but it takes a bit of work.

Advertisement