Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice and Roddy Closed

Options
  • 04-08-2012 11:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46

Sorry to see that Rice and Roddy went out of business last night.Some of the workers had been there 33 years.Pity to see it go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Sorry to see that Rice and Roddy went out of business last night.Some of the workers had been there 33 years.Pity to see it go.

Awh jaysus, sorry to hear that. I don't think they ever really recovered after they lost the Renault franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

bigneacy wrote: »

Awh jaysus, sorry to hear that. I don't think they ever really recovered after they lost the Renault franchise.

That's exactly what I was gonna say .
    There was a couple of nice fellas who worked there .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

bigneacy wrote: »

How come they lost it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Not nice news at all, and to see the mechanics walking out with their tools...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

That is tough news. Good employer in the town over the years. Was in not so long ago looking about a car and the salesman Bernie could not have been nicer.

My dad had his van booked in for its test there next Wednesday. Wouldn't have gone anywhere else. Big shame. Hope the employees find something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 MustangMick

Was messed around on ordering a new Rear lock for my van last week (now I know why!!!!!) . Ordered it again last Tuesday from them(paid by Laser - €90), went to pick it up today, CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Will phone bank and Opel ireland on Tuesday. Need my van fixed for gigs next Saturday......will probably have to go to McChesneys in Monaghan.

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

That IS truly sad news. Kevin, their Parts Delivery man was one of the nicest, most decent fellas you could ever meet. A real shame :(

Renault rejigged the dealer network a few of years ago & some of their decisions beggared belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Only ever place in which a car salesman advised me not to buy a car that I was interested in :pac:

Sorry to hear it's closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 poshea69

sad to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very bad news but the town is dying on it's feet. Walked up Park St the other morning and the amount of shops closed near the Anne St/Park St junction is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 153 ✭✭kegzmc

Is this the VW dealers beside Harvey Normans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

No its the Opel/Kia dealer (formally Renault for years) on the Newry road between The Lisdoo and Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Was told by a local mechanic the R&R fell foul of Renault and lost the franchise as a result. He claimed that some refurbishment was done on parts (replaced under warranty) that were to be scrapped. I hope it wasnt a case of playing with fire and getting burnt. The Opel/Kia franchise didnt have the same attraction as id presume that most Opel customers would have used McChesneys after Grants closed and old habits die hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MaureenMac

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Was told by a local mechanic the R&R fell foul of Renault and lost the franchise as a result. He claimed that some refurbishment was done on parts (replaced under warranty) that were to be scrapped. I hope it wasnt a case of playing with fire and getting burnt. The Opel/Kia franchise didnt have the same attraction as id presume that most Opel customers would have used McChesneys after Grants closed and old habits die hard.

No "playing with fire"; no refurbishment of parts. Simply a case of Renault being total a***holes to deal with from a business point of view, details of which I will not go into. Devastating for a lot of families with little or no hope of employment elsewhere. The decision to close would not have been taken lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Seems to have re-opened a few weeks ago with some of the original staff.
    Nice to see.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They're just open under the receiver at present

Advertisement