Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV issues

• 04-08-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

i know its well documented here the problems with UTV, they emailled me this morning saying that NGB customers will be moved to their new 10G network on the 8th of August, what exactly is this anyone know:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fredd

I'm in dispute with them over the same issues as everyone else, no idea about the change over but its interesting to hear about it will keep a eye out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Jebus

These lads seem to be a joke, my nextdoor neighbour had them for 4 years, never once got a bill, and they cut him off last week....

Even though on several occasions he rang requesting a Bill

Received this e-mail this morning:

"Over the next few days we will be carrying out scheduled network improvements that will enhance the user experience of our Next Generation Broadband customers in the Republic of Ireland.

On Monday 6th August we will be increasing bandwidth capacity for NGB users and on Wednesday 8 August the same customers will be upgraded to our new 10G network platform.

This activity should not lead to any disruption in service and our engineers will be monitoring network performance closely to ensure a seamless transition for every user."

Will have to wait and see how this works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

So any more updates on this? I havent noticed any major improvements, but I didn't actually receive the email so maybe its only people on certain exchanges?

Anybody else notice a difference?

Connection has been very stable all week with no dropouts and a consistant speed of 6M. Looking good hope it keeps up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

im on hols but will be checking soon as i get home this evening and will update

router synced at 7mb and rock steady 6mb to laptop hasnt missed a beat since yesterday evening 9pm, lets hope it continues:D

back to the usual again down to 1mb, anyone else having similar problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

didn't notice any major speed drops myself last night. Connection seems to be fairly steady since the upgrades. Will keep an eye on it though.

Advertisement