Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found in Lough Derg

• 04-08-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Some sad news in that a body was found in Lough Derg.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0803/lough-derg-search.html

Won't say the guy's name on here until it gets announced, but he was a nice fella who I remember from when I used to stay in Limerick during my childhood/teenage summers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Aye, tis a real shame, Heard who it was this morning.. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Have they revealed who it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Have they revealed who it is?

Yeah, Named on the Live95 fm website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Snipe wrote: »
    Aye, tis a real shame, Heard who it was this morning.. :/

Yeah thought you would have heard who it was alright. He was a few years older than me, but he was always friendly to any of the kids living or hanging around the area.

Been a few decent young men who lived in or were from BCG that passed on over the past few years. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

Live 95 FM announced it:

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/post-mortem-carried-out-on-body-of-limerick-man-found-in-lough-derg/1b700171-f426-44b6-8115-d33474bdcb47
    POST MORTEM CARRIED OUT ON BODY OF LIMERICK MAN FOUND IN LOUGH DERG
    04 August 2012
    A post mortem examination is taking place today on the body of a Limerick man after his remains were found in Lough Derg.
    Killaloe Search and Recovery divers discovered the body of 46 year old Pat Danaher who is originally from Ballinacurra Gardens but had been living in Ogonnelloe, Co. Clare shortly after 8 o'clock last night.
    An extensive search of the lake was launched after a capsized boat was found near Garykennedy on Thursday evening.
    Local Councillor Jim Long knows the family:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah thought you would have heard who it was alright. He was a few years older than me, but he was always friendly to any of the kids living or hanging around the area.

Been a few decent young men who lived in or were from BCG that passed on over the past few years. :(

Kess, any chance of the name by PM if you don't mind.
    Edit: Never mind just saw above post.

killwill wrote: »
    Kess, any chance of the name by PM if you don't mind.

Pat's name is in the post above your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Kess73 wrote: »
    Pat's name is in the post above your post.

I saw that after my post. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Didn't he just have a new child aswell?

The Snipe wrote: »
    Didn't he just have a new child aswell?

Probably not the place or time to discuss his children tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

God what a sad time, am originally from BCG and have attended way to many funerals of (mostly) young men from the area and surrounds. Lovely guys who we wish could still be with us today. One special guy in particular has his anniversary today.

R.I.P. to ___________________ and my thought and prayers are with his family.

Munstermad wrote: »
    God what a sad time, am originally from BCG and have attended way to many funerals of (mostly) young men from the area and surrounds. Lovely guys who we wish could still be with us today. One special guy in particular has his anniversary today.

R.I.P. to ___________________ and my thought and prayers are with his family.

If it is who I think it is, then he is one of those I meant in my earlier post, and in three weeks, give or take a few days, there will be the two year anniversary of another really nice guy from BCG.

August has been a cruel month in recent years for that estate.

Advertisement