Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Housebound & Down "Weak-ender"..First song from new Irish house music group

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Not really my style but wish you guys the best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Do you guys do any soulful funky house?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Housebound

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Do you guys do any soulful funky house?

Thanks for taken the time to listen lads..yeah we have played around with a lot of styles & sounds in the past,some of it would be soulful/ funky..As i was saying this is our first song as a house music group so we dont havent released anything that would be soulful/funky yet, were trying out a lot of things from dubstep/house to electronic music..just trying to find our sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

what johnny said

good luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

If your really looking for production tips and not just promoting your track you should post it on the production forum at the top of this forum.
    from first listen you guys have no high hats between the kicks and your snare(if there is one)is non existent.

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    If your really looking for production tips and not just promoting your track you should post it on the production forum at the top of this forum.
    from first listen you guys have no high hats between the kicks and your snare(if there is one)is non existent.

Only new to Boards.ie so I wasn't sure where exactly i should be posting this. Thanks for taking the time to listen and give us feedback, There is no snares or high hats in this production. This is intentional, it comes down to preference as a producer and were going for a Calvin Harris/Swedish House Mafia like sound. The primary sounds are kicks and hand claps and that's the sound we went with for this song. We are working on productions that have snares and high hats but personally I didn't feel they were right for this song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Needs more cowbell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Housebound wrote: »
    Only new to Boards.ie so I wasn't sure where exactly i should be posting this. Thanks for taking the time to listen and give us feedback, There is no snares or high hats in this production. This is intentional, it comes down to preference as a producer and were going for a Calvin Harris/Swedish House Mafia like sound. The primary sounds are kicks and hand claps and that's the sound we went with for this song. We are working on productions that have snares and high hats but personally I didn't feel they were right for this song.

So you're not looking to make actual house music so?

Needs a few more random stabs here and there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Why are you calling yourself a 'house' group? That's not house music.

I think most people that would listen to your music, and to the Swedish House Mafia's music, wouldn't know what house music is. So why call yourselves that?

That's an honest question by the way. I don't mean any disrespect, and I wish you lads every success. It takes initiative to make a go at something.

• Advertisement

I went through your other two tracks on YouTube. From a production point of view they sound better. They're still very commercial sounding, but they don't sound as amateurish. I normally wouldn't listen to that type of stuff, but for what it's worth I think you should stick to the dubstep type material. Rapping over 4x4 beats does not work.

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Why are you calling yourself a 'house' group? That's not house music.

I think most people that would listen to your music, and to the Swedish House Mafia's music, wouldn't know what house music is. So why call yourselves that?

That's an honest question by the way. I don't mean any disrespect, and I wish you lads every success. It takes initiative to make a go at something.

We started off just messing around with various styles and sounds, Thats what the other 2 tracks are. Just trying out stuff to see what works and what doesnt. As ive said were completely new to this, Were developing our sound as we go along. Is this out and out house music? no its not, but this is the direction we want to go. Were making new music all the time and we do have songs that are solely instrumental and would be a lot harder on this one.

This is why we posted up this song though, Its our first tune where were going in a more dance direction and we wanted to get some general feedback. Everything that has been said here will be taken on board because thats the whole point of it, Listening to peoples opinions and trying to improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

What gear do you produce with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 waywardsun

Rapping over 4x4 beats does not work.
    It does if done properly.

waywardsun wrote: »
    It does if done properly.

In my opinion it doesn't. You're more than welcome to disagree, but stick up some examples.

What gear do you produce with?

We produce with Logic Pro & Abelton live..in terms of hardware we have a few synths & keyboards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 waywardsun

In my opinion it doesn't. You're more than welcome to disagree, but stick up some examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Hmmm thats hardly convincing evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

seannash wrote: »
    Hmmm thats hardly convincing evidence.

How about this for quality :D (skip to 1.20 for the good stuff ;))

waywardsun wrote: »

The second and third tracks are rubbish. The first one isn't bad, but that's more of a spoken word delivery. I guess rhyming isn't always a prerequisite of rap, but that guy is pushing it a bit. No two lines rhyme. If you call that rap, then it's 'Gil Scott-Heron rap.'

Either way you've pointed to examples of older music. If rap and 4x4 would work anywhere it would be with tracks from that era, when house, electro and hip hop were ****ing around with each other.

But the OP is rapping over trance music, essentially, which (in my opinion) will never work.

• Advertisement

Rapping over 4x4 beats does not work.

What are you talking about?!? :cool:

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What are you talking about?!? :cool:

Haha. Nice one. I stand corrected. :P

Advertisement