Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

just another stupid question

• 04-08-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I have samsung galaxy S11 and I want to know if anyone know how I can stop notifications at night.. the dam thing keeps buzzing through the night even when I have on silent. had to put it on a pillow to deaden the sound. any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

gubby wrote: »
    I have samsung galaxy S11 and I want to know if anyone know how I can stop notifications at night.. the dam thing keeps buzzing through the night even when I have on silent. had to put it on a pillow to deaden the sound. any help?
    Maybe try Airplane Mode or turn off vibrate as well as sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Turn it off! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭stevek93

Or just switch it off?

chris85 wrote: »
    Turn it off! :rolleyes:

Double post :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

If you have sync turned off and the phone on silent I can't see how you are still getting notifications.

Anyway, some apps come to mind that might help, namely: Lightflow, Timerific, and Bedside.

• Advertisement

maki wrote: »
    If you have sync turned off and the phone on silent I can't see how you are still getting notifications.

Anyway, some apps come to mind that might help, namely: Lightflow, Timerific, and Bedside.

Sleep as a droid is also good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Thanks for replies.. turning off is not an option in a few weeks as I will have to use the alarm. another question.. or two :-) how come when I get a text, I will sometimes get "you have an new message for John Brown" other times it will just say the No.. even if the no is one of my contacts? now lately when I get notification of a text message.. it is very low. I have tried changing the the sound but its still very low

gubby wrote: »
    Thanks for replies.. turning off is not an option in a few weeks as I will have to use the alarm. another question.. or two :-) how come when I get a text, I will sometimes get "you have an new message for John Brown" other times it will just say the No.. even if the no is one of my contacts? now lately when I get notification of a text message.. it is very low. I have tried changing the the sound but its still very low

Dont have the phone or ever used it but looks like a bug in the software maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭thomasj

There should be a setting in the galaxy s2 to let you play the alarm even when the phone is in silent mode.

I think its the first setting in the alarm clock settings. (it is for the galaxy nexus and tab plus 7 - which i have running ics like the galaxy s2)

By ticking that you should be able to have your phone on silent and be able to hear the alarm. Test it!

thomasj wrote: »
    There should be a setting in the galaxy s2 to let you play the alarm even when the phone is in silent mode.

I think its the first setting in the alarm clock settings. (it is for the galaxy nexus and tab plus 7 - which i have running ics like the galaxy s2)

By ticking that you should be able to have your phone on silent and be able to hear the alarm. Test it!

It should be on by default unless the OP changed it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement