Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amateur dog shows?

• 04-08-2012 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Is there such a thing as an amateur dog show? More of a bonny doggy competition? :o Particularly in the south east area, I've done some Google searches but coming up with nothing.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

'Real' dog shows will often have some kind of fun competition like 'waggiest tail' or something. I think that some rescues will have fun competitions as fundraising events too, so you could check with them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Don't most of the local shows and fairs that are becoming more and more popular in Ireland these days have dog shows in them? Along the lines of waggy tails or cutest *dog of indeterminate parentage* type events?
    Definitely have a look at such events OP! I know the for the shows around this neck of the woods, you enter there and then on the day!
    Come back with pics of all the rosettes, won't you? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Aww. I think those kind of categories are fun to watch, but I'd never enter my boy in them! We were at the Mallow Home & Garden show last month, and it was suggested we enter our dog.

I'd be so upset that nobody thought my dog was as cute as we think he is! (Tongue firmly in cheek here! ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We were roped into one (it was all fun categories) and came 2nd in waggiest tail a couple of weeks ago - our first rosette and a medal too lol! :pac:

215811.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭gipi

There was one in June here in Drogheda, as a fundraiser for the local rescue centre - even a downpour on the day didn't deter the waggy tail competitors!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Advertisement