Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bins/Refuge service - cheapest?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

FEB wrote: »
    Apologies. I visit a lot but do usually post. The particular company has made me very angry.

I can understand your frustration but as i say Boards.ie could get into trouble if i was to allow you to name the company publicly.
    If people want they can PM you and you can explain your situation that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FEB

I am not from the competition and I have documentation of the problems I have had. The latest was today. It very annoying to pay for something that you do not get.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

FEB wrote: »
    I am not from the competition and I have documentation of the problems I have had. The latest was today. It very annoying to pay for something that you do not get.

Change supplier ??

I did, and paid the extra charge to get the current bins emptied so they could be removed, and I was told that because I had cancelled, the bins were not emptied. Catch 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

When Wex. Co. Co. stopped their refuse collection they sold the contract to AES and they are still the cheapest for me. One snag is though, every year since the changeover the price has increased by multiples of the inflation rate and pretty soon will be on a par with the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Marhay70 wrote: »
    When Wex. Co. Co. stopped their refuse collection they sold the contract to AES and they are still the cheapest for me. One snag is though, every year since the changeover the price has increased by multiples of the inflation rate and pretty soon will be on a par with the rest.

I had a look around in January for a mate of mine that has no computer access and AES were the cheapest around (and no I don't work for them, just saying the results of my internet searches)

And a Government Landfill Levy went on the costs last year I think (about €75.00 per tonne iirc) thats probably bringing up the prices (?)

I switched to Wastepal this year because they were cheaper than AES once you used Direct Debit. This is based on my AES bill and the Wastepal web site (http://www.wastepal.com/webclient/webclient_page/3). You get three bins with Wastepal and two with AES. Last year, AES were cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got flyer from Ray Whelan,they are doing 6 months half price,the terms are 12 month contract.One month is €23 then the next is €11.50 & so on for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rosen

After shopping around, I recently switched from AES (295) to Greenstar (245 special) for 12 months. Wex Town area.
    240L Waste and Recycle.
    Seems decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Has anyone got updated info or is there a comparison site for bin/refuse collection in Wexford?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement