Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annamoe fishery

Options
  • 04-08-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Is annamoe fishery any good?.thinking of heading down in a few days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Annamoe is grand it is a figure 8 shape, fishable in most winds as you can get at it from all sides with good shelter from trees. There is a tackle shop / tea shop that also sells fly tying supplies. A nice touch is that there is a large indoor area with comfey chairs and a kiddie area with a few toys, puzzles and books etc., enough to buy you some extra fishing time if the other half is along and getting bored!

There is also an outdoor picnic area and facilities for BBQing your catch.

It is not very deep and most people seem to fish floating line there, the usual shine flies work well but I have seen better anglers than I get very good results on Grey Duster type dries, I usually have to resort to Houmungous and Woolly Buggers!

It is stocked regularly and there is always the bait pond if you are stuck!

There is also a stretch of river that belongs to the fishery and can also be fished - seems to produce a good few small browns.

Advertisement