Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring marking

• 04-08-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭

What does the marking P3 mean on the inside of a white gold ring?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

There are 2 tiny diamonds in it, that must be what it is for. Not great one's from what that website says. The ring cost about €300 a few years ago and I took it into one of those places that buy gold today and I was offered €25. Do rings really loose that much value for resale? I knew I wouldent get much but I dident expect that much of a loss.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the really value of the ring is the finished product. so it is worth more as a ring than just for gold.

you are better off cleaning it up, and selling it in the classifieds or putting in an auction.

this was the advice i was given by a jeweller, have a ring that cost 600e, with 3 diamond but it is valueless just for the gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Any tips on how to clean up a white gold ring? It has lost a bit of its shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

There are 2 tiny diamonds in it, that must be what it is for. Not great one's from what that website says. The ring cost about €300 a few years ago and I took it into one of those places that buy gold today and I was offered €25. Do rings really loose that much value for resale? I knew I wouldent get much but I dident expect that much of a loss.

You'll never get the value of a piece in those cash for gold places. Some jewellers might buy it from you for bullion which would give you a bit more but still nothing close to what you would have paid for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement