Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones has a micro climate.

Options
  • 04-08-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭

This is just a bit of whimsy, but honestly I think Greystones has its own climate and its better that the rest of Wicklow of course we have had the rain here just like every where else, but I have had lots of sunny days in the garden while on the radio its saying there is wide spread rain. I have often gone to work and the weather is dreadful where I work, but as soon as I get home its been a lovely day in Greystone.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

mariaalice wrote: »
    This is just a bit of whimsy, but honestly I think Greystones has its own climate and its better that the rest of Wicklow of course we have had the rain here just like every where else, but I have had lots of sunny days in the garden while on the radio its saying there is wide spread rain. I have often gone to work and the weather is dreadful where I work, but as soon as I get home its been a lovely day in Greystone.

Anyone else notice this?

Bray Head seems to create some sort of barrier in the weather - its always different (but not necessarily better) once you get past Greygates

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Yep, its the head and maybe sugarloafs create a sort of shadow effect. Yesterday there was a band of torrential rain that sat just west of us. Carlesland was dull all day but it was quite fine in the village while it was raining at the top of Farrankelly rd. It is often raining in Bray but not here and rarely vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

We surely do: SunnyG

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

homer911 wrote: »
    Bray Head seems to create some sort of barrier in the weather - its always different (but not necessarily better) once you get past Greygates

Absolutely, this was evident in the snow a couple of years ago... once you got over bray head, the amount of snow was much less...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Did you see the fog and mist sitting on Winegates today? Very strange. Bray was nice and sunny. Greystones same but Winegates was scary.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement