If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic TXP42UT50B

Options
  • 04-08-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

Could i get a price for the Panasonic TXP42UT50B, if you stock it, with delivery to either Dublin or Monaghan, whichever is cheaper :)

If you don't have this one, could i get a price for the ST version and could you tell me the main differences between the two please???

Is there much difference between the brands..LG..Samsung, bar the price??

Thanks,
    Woods

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

Could i get a price for the Panasonic TXP42UT50B, if you stock it, with delivery to either Dublin or Monaghan, whichever is cheaper :)

If you don't have this one, could i get a price for the ST version and could you tell me the main differences between the two please???

Is there much difference between the brands..LG..Samsung, bar the price??

Thanks,
    Woods

Woods,

thanks a million for the post and the opportunity to quote.

unfortunately we don't stock the 42UT50 but we do stock the ST50 and it really is a stunning TV - it's currently £799.95 and yo get 2 pairs of 3D glasses by redemption direct from Panasonic at that price.

The spec of the 42ST50 is significantly higher than the UT50 including an extra HDMI input , live record ready via USB, Built in wifi etc..

On the which brand is better front - damn what a question!

I guess everyone has their individual preferences - but thats becoming far more clouded now as the former budget brands like LG / Samsung are really stepping up their specs and quality - you will still pay extra for what are percieved to be the premium brands ie Sony / Pana, but to be honest you really have to look hard these days to see if that premium is worth the extra....;)

Keep me posted if you would like to reserve an ST50 and again thanks for the post,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Woodsy-eile

Cool thanks, Is there a reason you Dont Stock The UT50?

How much would the postage be? and one final thing, how long is the guarantee?

cheers john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

We generally try and hand pick the models that we feel people are going to be looking for and the ST is just stunning.

The UT is just a model that comes at the price of some of the LED's which are more popular and it's just not up to the standard of the ST so we felt that it wasn't worth stocking it.

The warranty is a 1 year with a 5 year available at £79.95 which includes cover at your home address.

If something goes wrong, we send someone out to repair or collect the screen. It's then repaired and returned to you.

Keep us posted if we can help with anything else.

ATB

Dave

Good enough reason i suppose! Ill let you know what i decide but ye will get the business anyhoo

Cheers

hey guys, just been doing the sums there and the ST50 (although my ideal choice) is a little out of my price range, i was planning on spending about 800, but in euro!

Can ye suggest any alternatives? or should i wait another while...dont suppose ye have any massive blowout sales coming up haha

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hey guys, just been doing the sums there and the ST50 (although my ideal choice) is a little out of my price range, i was planning on spending about 800, but in euro!

Can ye suggest any alternatives? or should i wait another while...dont suppose ye have any massive blowout sales coming up haha

Hi Woody,

Is it ideally a plasma you'd like? Got some very nice LEDs worth looking at. :)

Check out this LG 42 LM620T currently priced at £579.95 / €773.26:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lm620t/lg-42lm620t

I'd need to check and see if this is a screen we could ship.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Woody,

Is it ideally a plasma you'd like? Got some very nice LEDs worth looking at. :)

Check out this LG 42 LM620T currently priced at £579.95 / €773.26:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lm620t/lg-42lm620t

I'd need to check and see if this is a screen we could ship.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Cheers Chris, yea I kinda have my mind set on a plasma, starting to thing I should just step back a model and go for the g30, its wifi and I'm not bothered about 3d.

Do ye still stock this model? 42"

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cheers Chris, yea I kinda have my mind set on a plasma, starting to thing I should just step back a model and go for the g30, its wifi and I'm not bothered about 3d.

Do ye still stock this model? 42"

Thanks

Woody,

the '30' series are now completely finished for us (for some time now) and we have even cleared our demo stocks.

However I'll PM you a deal on the Panasonic TXP42ST50 (including 2 pairs of 3D glasses by redemption).

Thanks for the post again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way - we have the 42ST50 in stock and ready to ship!

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.