Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Kilkenny buildings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Einhard mentioned the watershed looking like a liner, was he thinking of the titanic or the costa concordia?
    I quite like Teenypark or Zumi's and the watergate

Reminds me of one of those gigantic cargo ships that have the bridge higher up at one end. You not like it?

Anyone have any modern favourites?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The Geogian (?) houses on the Parade down from the Castle are my favourite. Apart from that hideous Telecom buidling stuck in the middle built in the 70s when such things were not important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

t no mention of St Canices Hospital on the Dublin Road, bit grim on the inside, but would make a fantastic hotel, Lacken House was another nice one but is being upgraded or something, for different the wooden structure near to Dunmore on the left going out of town.
    No one mentioned Jenkinstown House, t'is a lovely old place.
    The worst is the new callan bacon building obviously in Westcourt Callan, it shows the power of money.
    New places the house in Castle Drive, which has just arrived.
    Will someone please finish the story of the mass killin g of 100 men in St Mary's building, you started it and then it went cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Since we're going outside of the main urban area then I'd have to include Kells priory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

The two tower things in Maudlin st, know nothing about them but they look impressive, I suppose the new medical cntre near the Loretto deserves a mention, not sure why but at least it looks different.
    I think the post office in high st is like a scar on the area.
    Go into Elvery's and they have a fantastic stone fireplace, it might be covered up but rate it as reaaly something worth preserving

• Advertisement
Advertisement