Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodaz a money

Options
  • 04-08-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey there guys does anybody know the location of those coin counter machines that are in some shops ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Yardleys Lavender

There is one in Kearney's / Texaco in Oranmore and Oranmore Supervalu. Both charge 9%. I think Joyces in Knocknacarra and Athenry have them aswell.

I would rather count it myself or pay someone the 9% before giving it to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I just use my change for the self-service till in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Same as Ficheall, but if you have a lot and can't be bothered to count and bag it, I suppose the machines are the way to go. There's also one in Supervalu in Ballybane.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Those machines take quite a big percentage though, not worth it imo.
    You can just bring it to the bank and deposit it, I think that's still free?

Or count it and use it next time in a shop, make sure there's a long line of busy businessmen behind you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Supervalu on fr Griffen road do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The filling station down past the Harbour hotel have one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

If using a machine it's worth at least fishing out anything 50c or higher first and you'll save a lot on fees.

When I was living in Norway the local bank had one of these, swipe your card, dump in the coins and you get a receipt and it's deposited directly into your account. Very useful service.

Advertisement