Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Visa Debit Card

Options
  • 04-08-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I got a BOI Visa debit card yesterday to replace my laser, without applying for it.

I recently booked flights to Germany with my laser, so maybe they sent me it as I'm going away, it's a bit strange if that's the case. I don't know if that's the reason, or if that's what they're doing with students or they're just phasing out laser cards.

It's handy that I don't have to carry cash on me when I'm in Germany, as there's no charges for using it in Euro-countries and the "contactless" option is handy as well.

Has this happened to anyone else? Thought it was a bit weird.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

They are replacing all laser cards with visa debit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Laser is being replaced with Visa Debit. More information here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056594363

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

Sound, thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Incidentally, you could use your old Laser/Maestro card fine in most countries too as long as you did it physically in a chip and pin terminal.

I've got a BOI Visa Debit, but I've been using my AIB Laser/Maestro without any issue in Belgium and France.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

As this is covered elsewhere in detail, I'll close this off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement