Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad luck

• 04-08-2012 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

How bad is your luck?
    Does the horse you dont bet on win or the cert lose?
    Do you dream the winning lottery numbers and forget to do them?
    So I ask "what is bad luck".
    And of courese,is having reasonable health "good luck"?
    Good luck with your replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

good luck with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dean09 wrote: »
    If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck.

unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Stealing stones from castles isn't good for your luck apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

If I bought a duck it would drown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I'm so unlucky, if I fell into a barrel of tits I'd come out sucking my thumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

My charm is so contagious, vaccines have been created for it.

Ah sure I'm one of the most unfortunate fcukers you're ever likely to meet.

If it can happen, it'll happen to me! Doesn't bother me though. Could be worse.

I am gonna win the lotto one day, this I am absolutely sure of ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Im definitely the most unlucky person i know. i never win anything and i every couple of years i get a new long term illness to add to my health problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I tend to be lucky enough though not super lucky - And when things do go bad I just think of all those uneducated, starving, impoverished kids in Leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Never won anything in my life lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I get my fair share of good & bad luck.
    When things aren't looking too rosey it's easy to get bogged down in self pity & moan about bad luck or karma or whatever.
    Compared to some people my life is pretty good. And it can always get worse, even when you think life has thrown every miserable obstacle at you it can still get worse.
    So instead of worrying about bad luck I try to see the good in bad luck times. It keeps me slightly sane.

TLDR? Things can always get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

When things aren't looking too rosey it's easy to get bogged down in self pity & moan about bad luck or karma or whatever.
    Compared to some people my life is pretty good. And it can always get worse, even when you think life has thrown every miserable obstacle at you it can still get worse.
    So instead of worrying about bad luck I try to see the good in bad luck times. It keeps me slightly sane.

TLDR? Things can always get better.

All you can do is laugh about it, mainly at other people mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

who needs luck when I got mad skillz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I hope to get lucky tonight!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

thread makes you wonder about the good luck some people get for example; Michael Owen who left Man Utd recently, got paid X amount of millions for sitting on his hole, met his future wife aged 6, yes seriously, it's on wikipedia, buys an entire street of detached houses for his relatives in a posh suburb of Chester, it makes you wonder what sort of things coalesce into making one persons life a cakewalk and another person's a sewer

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Lets put it this way if there is reincarnation i would come back as me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bleepp

Luck is all in the mind.
    like if you fell down the stairs and broke your leg, one man could say you were very unlucky for that to have happened, while another could say well aren't your very luck to not have died!

People with a positive outlook on life tend to have "luck" because they see the good in all that happens, while the pessimist only sees the bad and then concludes they have no luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

bleepp wrote: »
    Luck is all in the mind.
    like if you fell down the stairs and broke your leg, one man could say you were very unlucky for that to have happened, while another could say well aren't your very luck to not have died!

People with a positive outlook on life tend to have "luck" because they see the good in all that happens, while the pessimist only sees the bad and then concludes they have no luck!

If by "all in the mind" you mean "not real" I completely agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Ditto. Thats a good philosophy to have. Things could be much worse.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Found a lump on my right testical after some pain.
    Have an ice pack on my crotch now because it's so uncomfortable and it's keeping me awake.

That's pretty bad luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My horse has always won. My bad luck has been in betting for it after the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Luck is all in the mind.

I went through an ectopic pregnancy this year and lost the baby and tube but I felt lucky that it was spotted early enough and treated quickly. I can always try again for another baby and I feel fortunate for that.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Have an ice pack on my crotch now because it's so uncomfortable and it's keeping me awake.

That's pretty bad luck
    You should see a doctor about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bleepp

KKkitty wrote: »
    I went through an ectopic pregnancy this year and lost the baby and tube but I felt lucky that it was spotted early enough and treated quickly. I can always try again for another baby and I feel fortunate for that.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks so much :) Fingers crossed it happens for me.

So do I. Take care of yourself.

darkhorse wrote: »

So do I. Take care of yourself.
    Thank you very much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

That's pretty bad luck

Don't worry I plan too!:) It's the thoughts of it playing on my mind more than the pain tbh.
    Hopefully it's nothing major.

• Advertisement

That's pretty bad luck

Don't worry I plan too!:) It's the thoughts of it playing on my mind more than the pain tbh.
    The best of luck with it :)

I know this sounds very much a coincidence, IZRed, but i have had a pain there in the same area for the last 4 days. It feels pretty much like a rupture. I have had a rupture before, thats how I know what the feeling is like. Anyway, I said to my wife last night that maybe she could have kicked me by accident when we were asleep. But I found the pain really bad the past couple of days. Anyway, I woke up this morning in great form, no pain, and still feel fine. I put it down to lifting something heavy maybe. Anyway, good luck at the doc's, hope it's nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Murphy's Law explains bad luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I think I`m very lucky cause
    - I`m overdue a long awaited baby at the moment
    - have a husband who loves me
    - a great family and inlaws who I`m close to, no debts - morgage on my modest house paid for
    - I`m reasonably intelligent and reasonably attractive
    - I have won money in the past and although definetely not rich never wanted for anything really.

Could do with
    - wish I had money for my mum to retire
    - a job for both of us
    - would love to be one of those lucky bitches who loses weight easily
    - want a qashqai - love the way they look but apparently not the most reliable so better of without anyway

My motto is people first and then I can`t ever lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I have bought a lottery ticket every week for 10 years. I won a tenner once. I'm pretty certain that statistically I should have won more than that over time.

On the plus side I keep surviving stupid potentially lethal situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

a bit of good and a bit of bad, luck of the irish i suppose :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I always seem to have rotten luck at the start of the year til the end of March, then things clear up and the rest of the year usually goes well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Never won nothing.
    But never really lost anything either.
    Ive neither luck, which is probably good.

Advertisement