Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC build low budget (€500 inc monitor and OS )

Options
  • 04-08-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys, I wanted to post this on boards.ie because similar posts were on American sites (i.e with links to other American sites with shipping only to America) and I needed an Irish opinion :) .
    So I know many of you will be aware about the upcoming game Guild Wars 2 and I was needing a new computer for it, although I'm on a very low budget of around €500 sadly that will be including an OS and a monitor. I don't need it to work flawlessly on Ultra graphics but something around the medium mark would work. Also, I don't need a really good monitor, just something to do the job.
    Apologies if I format this incorrectly, I'm new here :)
    Thanks in advance
    -Sevorg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

If you want to ask about a new build, please include as much of the following information as possible in your thread:

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrSevorg

Ok I will delete this and repost

Just post here - just save me asking loads of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrSevorg

Eh well.. I sort of posted it already but will I post it here again?

nope I replied in the other :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement