Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarms

Options
  • 04-08-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Looking into getting a burglar alarm system for my home which is a detached house in the country. What are peoples experiences with Eircom phone watch or could anyone recommend a rival service.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've had a PhoneWatch system for 6 years and have never had any problems with it. Two genuine activations, which were both responded to very quickly.

My folks have had one about 12 years and they love it too. Very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

IMO you'd be far better off in the medium term getting an independent installer to install a HKC or similar system connected to your phone line or GSM dialler and have it send texts to a select number of mobiles. You can decide yourself what action to take if you have an activation.

No ongoing monitoring cost bar the texts for any activations of course.

I have experience of both systems and this is my considered opinion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've had experience of both systems- and genuine activations alongside accidental activations, of both. I'd be inclined to shy away from Eircom myself- and go for a system that has a GSM reporting facility instead (as per above). Aside from anything else- I don't like the idea of tying myself into a contract with Eircom, having been a past customer..........

Advertisement