Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get grants for masters in the North??

Options
  • 04-08-2012 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey guys hope ye can help me! My brother (a graduate with a humanities degree from an IT) has been excepted for a master in planning in Queens University, Belfast. Just wondering can you get grants or financial support? Thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

efbeef wrote: »
    Hey guys hope ye can help me! My brother (a graduate with a humanities degree from an IT) has been excepted for a master in planning in Queens University, Belfast. Just wondering can you get grants or financial support? Thanks :)

I believe you can get a fees-only grant for Master's in the North, as you can in the Republic; the recent changes to the grant scheme, with only those qualifying for the 'special rate' getting the full fees paid, and anyone else suitably qualified getting (I believe) 2,000 euro towards their fees. There are no maintenance grants, just the fees. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/studying_abroad/studying_in_the_uk_including_northern_ireland.html

Otherwise he would need to have been awarded money from Queen's itself to cover the remaining costs: from the Arts & Humanities Research Council, or internal university scholarships. The deadline for the AHRC was months ago, and most university scholarships will have been awarded by now as well.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 efbeef

Thanks a million! :)

Advertisement