Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOOD VALUE KINDLE?

Options
  • 04-08-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest where to get a Kindle at the best
    price? Tesco, Amazon e.t.c.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

465 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest where to get a Kindle at the best
    price? Tesco, Amazon e.t.c.

From Ireland (Republic) the cheapest I've seen is in Argos. If your in the North or know anyone there it might be a tiny bit cheaper to get it delivered there from Amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

How much are kindles in pcworld/currys?

Trying to find cheapest place for em, I heard argos but thats 110euro I heard they were closer to 90?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Xzen wrote: »
    From Ireland (Republic) the cheapest I've seen is in Argos. If your in the North or know anyone there it might be a tiny bit cheaper to get it delivered there from Amazon.co.uk.

or use parcel motel to get from amazon.co.uk.

My sister was in the states so I got the ad supported one delivered to somewhere she was staying for about €68 (including sales tax), so if you knew somebody going over there it could be an option....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bonita810

On the Amazon's website you can find some good offer from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I ordered a kindle last year with the address code BT!1aa and got it the next day,

Love my kindle and can only recommend Amazon UK

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Aint amazon dearer then argos here?
    argos has basic kindle for €109 and amazon is £89 which is about 125~

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

I just checked Argos are selling them for €109 and the US amazon appear to be selling them for $109 which is more like 100 lids. Amazon.co.uk works out around 112 euro unless they have some tax or delivery charges after you click through to buy...

Anyone have any idea what they cost in Tesco, or if anywhere has deals on them atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

• Registered Users Posts: 46,156 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Probably not for most people but for anyone who just wants to read e-books on their PC then there's a fantastic kindle like free software called Calibre and can be downloaded here

• Advertisement
Advertisement