Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dutch Gold is good

• 04-08-2012 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I usually drink rum. I can easily say I'm in love with it, but today I decided to get a sixpack of Dutch Gold - for a change. I have to admit - it tastes very good, unfortunately I've heard/ read loads of stories that would associate this drink with skangers. Do skangers have good taste for beer so? Or.... I like it because I'm one myself??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Would put it at the same level as Budweiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its good alright.

If your broke or have never had a decent wheat beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

I always found it to be nice too. Cheap aswell.

I dont get the stigma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

You also drink rum. Your argument is invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Get out.... get out of my house...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's as good as any of the other **** lagers out there. I love when loads of people who drink crap like Heineken look down their noses at someone drinking Dutch or whatever. Congrats on paying double for the same mass produced ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Ignorance must be bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

You also drink rum. Your argument is invalid.

rum is the drink of the gods you uneducated person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Dutch Gold is p*ss...

It's that drink that survives in the fridge until there is no more of anything else.

Slop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

RumDrinker wrote: »
    I usually drink rum. I can easily say I'm in love with it, but today I decided to get a sixpack of Dutch Gold - for a change. I have to admit - it tastes very good, unfortunately I've heard/ read loads of stories that would associate this drink with skangers. Do skangers have good taste for beer so? Or.... I like it because I'm one myself??

do they have good taste of beer ? NO,,, its just cheap so they buy it just like Scrumpy Jack cider or Linden valley cider

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I drink any old ****e beer and I still hate dutch

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

It's not the worst but it wouldnt be my first choice. Actually it was usually the thing left after a house party and they'd go down easy enough to cure the hang over.

Far nicer than that apple juice crap a lot of people drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

What kind of rum. What's your brand? If you mean rum in general then maybe you like to think you're a pirate. Dutch Gold is not nice. If it was horrible it wouldn't be sold at all, but it isn't a nice beer. I'm not mad about beer and I can say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Anything, literally ANYTHING is better than Dutch. It is even worse than Budweiser

I dont like Captain Morgan's rum Gold Rum its p""s..

but i do like Captain Morgan's Black Rum,, You want some thing nice try Four Bells Rum not the English Rum this is Cuba Rum i think,

I like Navys Rum very Strong. Got a bottle of Legendario on Hols last year, very Nice Cuba again, But the best Rum of all is my Fav Bacardi 151

best Drink To get the party going,, 2 Shots of 151, 2 Shots of southern comfort and a small drop of Cherry Cola into a Glass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The beer of the poor person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Like the vast majority of beers (apart from Budweiser :pac:) it's fine when cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Getting emotional are we? :p:p:p

EDIT: ****... im being stupid. For some reason when you said rum I was imagining gin.
    Only ever had captian morgans but its good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Cork24 wrote: »

but i do like Captain Morgan's Black Rum,, You want some thing nice try Four Bells Rum not the English Rum this is Cuba Rum i think,

I like Navys Rum very Strong. Got a bottle of Legendario on Hols last year, very Nice Cuba again, But the best Rum of all is my Fav Bacardi 151

best Drink To get the party going,, 2 Shots of 151, 2 Shots of southern comfort and a small drop of Cherry Cola into a Glass

Wouldn't be much of a fan of 151 TBH, it's that strong it tastes like paint remover. Can you get it in Ireland now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

The beer of the poor person.

Made me laugh my b***ox off hahaha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

its nicer warm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Have to laugh at the wannabe connoisseurs here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

its nicer warm

I find if you put a can of Dutch Gold in the microwave for 45 seconds it it adds a lovely French Toast kind of taste to it.

Wouldn't be much of a fan of 151 TBH, it's that strong it tastes like paint remover. Can you get it in Ireland now?

No brother loves in Canada sends them over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Lordie, do people get pompous about nitwit nectar.

It's ALL terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

After 5 or 6 cans it's not that bad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dutch Gold is grand. Its definitely the best of the cheapy beers. That being said, if I can afford to buy something better, which I normally can, I do.

Was great about 8 years ago when I was **** broke. Other beers in this price range really are swill. Hackenberg etc.

No brother loves in Canada sends them over

How extravagant. Why the **** are you drinking Dutch Gold so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Beer is for lining the stomach before you really have a drink.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Dutch Gold is grand. Its definitely the best of the cheapy beers. That being said, if I can afford to buy something better, which I normally can, I do.

Was great about 8 years ago when I was **** broke. Other beers in this price range really are swill. Hackenberg etc.

But with so much special offers these days for an extra euro or two you can usually get what you want now anyway. How much they charging for 6 cans these days?? Drank it in my teenage years for a long time and think we used to get 6 for a 5er but then it just kept going up and up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

MetalDog wrote: »

It's actually rather nice. I'm also a fan of bavaria or tuborg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

It's as good as any of the other **** lagers out there. I love when loads of people who drink crap like Heineken look down their noses at someone drinking Dutch or whatever. Congrats on paying double for the same mass produced ****e.

Beer snob!

But with so much special offers these days for an extra euro or two you can usually get what you want now anyway. How much they charging for 6 cans these days?? Drank it in my teenage years for a long time and think we used to get 6 for a 5er but then it just kept going up and up.

Yeah, spot on. About 8 years ago was my teenage years. I suppose I have a fondness for it from then.

That being said though, these days its almost cool to drink it. Like a student status symbol. Whats even worse is Buckfast. Back in my day people drank it as it was cheap as sh't and gave an interesting drunk. These days Buckfast is like €7 a bottle... Sure you can buy a decent wine with that!

• Advertisement

MetalDog wrote: »

It's actually rather nice. I'm also a fan of bavaria or tuborg.

Bavaria is allright. Not from Bavaria though - that sh'ts Dutch too! Deutschland, of course, has high brewing standards - the Rheinheitsgebot. Probably why they gave it a German name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Central heating for scangers tbh.

I'll stick with a nice whiskey.

Yeah, spot on. About 8 years ago was my teenage years. I suppose I have a fondness for it from then.

That being said though, these days its almost cool to drink it. Like a student status symbol. Whats even worse is Buckfast. Back in my day people drank it as it was cheap as sh't and gave an interesting drunk. These days Buckfast is like €7 a bottle... Sure you can buy a decent wine with that!

A nice bottle of wine can be very nice especially if you're just chillin out but same as the beer an extra euro or two can go along way in the quality. Used to be a bar a central Dublin that on special nights they sell bottles of it for €7 , well they used too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

worst beer HAS to be barvaria 8.6 - tastes like whiskey - bad bad whiskey
    and also has a interesting side affect - makes people crystal meth violent

my tipple of choice when at home is wife beater - 5.2% of bliss :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Deutschland, of course, has high brewing standards - the Rheinheitsgebot. Probably why they gave it a German name.

I wouldn't call the Rheinhetsgebot an indication of 'high' brewing standards necessarily. It only mandates content (only hops, barley and water allowed); there's no guarantee on quality. There's some awful German beer out there taking advantage of people's assumption that all German beer is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its nice cold. like any lager really

FruitLover wrote: »
    Deutschland, of course, has high brewing standards - the Rheinheitsgebot. Probably why they gave it a German name.

I wouldn't call the Rheinhetsgebot an indication of 'high' brewing standards necessarily. It only mandates content (only hops, barley and water allowed); there's no guarantee on quality. There's some awful German beer out there taking advantage of people's assumption that all German beer is good.

Good point but but by high brewing standards i meant no chemicals or additives or other ****e. Purity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Grand for a cheap booze up. I find I get looked down at by my friend's if I bring a six pack of it to gatherings now though. Must be the whole cheap student persona surrounding it.

Not as good as a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat though.

Grand for a cheap booze up. I find I get looked down at by my friend's if I bring a six pack of it to gatherings now though. Must be the whole cheap student persona surrounding it.

Not as good as a single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat though.

Wtf. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Dutch gold is lovely, like bud!

After you get drunk and have 8 cans of any good beer.

And shut up your fúcking mouth about carlsberg. It's a step up from the rat piss that's known as dutch gold.

Then again I drank druids cider for a while so I can't talk about drink :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

...it aint mutch...if it aint Dutch. (Learnt that on a coach to Edinburgh once. Hysterical trip)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

I only drink alcohol when it's free. So the price doesn't really matter at all.

If there's free dutch gold, then I'll drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

dj jarvis wrote: »
    worst beer HAS to be barvaria 8.6 - tastes like whiskey - bad bad whiskey
    and also has a interesting side affect - makes people crystal meth violent

my tipple of choice when at home is wife beater - 5.2% of bliss :D

The super strong Tennents tastes much worse IMO but I have to agree about the side effects didn;t make me violent but did think I was invincible :( only drink I've never had more than one of again because of its effect on me (and I've drank as much and as fast of stronger beers, ciders and spirits).

I think they might have improved the recipe of Dutch tbh honest because started drinking it again last year and it tasted a lot nicer than i remember from my youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Good point but but by high brewing standards i meant no chemicals or additives or other ****e. Purity.

Meh, I'd rather have a tasty beer with a few additives than a ****e one without. Sure the original Rheinheitsgebot didn't even allow for yeast!

• Advertisement
Advertisement