Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCambridges Restaurant

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Christ thats a touch over the top!! When you asked you should have said 'cos its free in Lohans'.

Is is there no corkage fee in Lohans? Nice one :D I generally just order what's on tap if I am in there. Hooker etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Saruman wrote: »
    Is is there no corkage fee in Lohans? Nice one :D I generally just order what's on tap if I am in there. Hooker etc...

Yeah, no charge in Lohan's :)

€1.50 corkage is crap enough but it's still only €4.29 total for a bottle of O'Hara's Pale Ale, which is a lot cheaper than any other restaurant/pub.

Indeed, though Lohan's is pretty expensive is it not? I vaguely recall seeing Galway Hooker for about €3.90 or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Saruman wrote: »
    Indeed, though Lohan's is pretty expensive is it not? I vaguely recall seeing Galway Hooker for about €3.90 or so.

For a pint, in the bar, yes.

The offie is the same price as anywhere else, bottles of hooker are 2.79, I think.

Ah ok grand... I was in the off license a few weeks back and some items seemed very expensive to me, must have been something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 rubysgirl

Ate there with my family the last day and we were all stuffed after it, without getting chips as a side portion.
    Prices reflected the standard of food, service and location in the town.

Steak sandwich cooked to your preferences for €10 isn't bad considering you across the road to Elles and pay €7.95 for a chicken bap and end up sitting in a converted corridor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

rubysgirl wrote: »
    Ate there with my family the last day and we were all stuffed after it, without getting chips as a side portion.
    Prices reflected the standard of food, service and location in the town.

Steak sandwich cooked to your preferences for €10 isn't bad considering you across the road to Elles and pay €7.95 for a chicken bap and end up sitting in a converted corridor.

Elle's must be the cleanest cafe ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dont think too much

scholar007 wrote: »
    Yeah like that mixt greens place - Like whats the Jacanory - Do these people not realise that there is a recession on? Yet these so called haut cuisine places spring up and try and charge ya the best part of ten yo yos for a fupping sambo.

All a lad wants is a good value feed of spuds and a bit of an animal with lashings of gravy - Is it that difficult? :confused:

Mixt Greens is about the best place that has opened in town in the last few months, I've tried some of their sandwiches which are ok. But their hot food is great, the cajun chicken fillet burger with wedges is a real meal at €7.95, risotto with seafood is two dinners and their breakfast, well one person wouldn't finish it!!
    Try the hot food,it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

I tried their pastrami on toasted sourdough (7.95) with some wedges (they're very expensive at 3.95) but it was very tasty and I wasn't hungry after... and with good staff and a well done interior (are they chimney pots over the counter?!), will be going back.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement