Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mens clothing

• 04-08-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

well...
    Im lookin for clothes to wear to a teenege disco..(preferably jack and jones, superdry,bench etc...)

Im also lookin for the tight fit t-shirts...( again preferably jack and jones, superdry, bench etc..)

does anyone have any suggestions...CHEERS :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What do you want suggestions for?! You have said you want Jack & Jones, Bench and Superdry stuff......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Wear something original instead of the exact same off-the-shelf stuff that every other muppet will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mayo51

BDJW wrote: »
    What do you want suggestions for?! You have said you want Jack & Jones, Bench and Superdry stuff......
    Ya sorry i phrased that so badly haha. Wat im askin is wat do other people prefer? Like is a jeans nd a t-shirt gud enuf?

If you can translate your last post into correct English I'll give you some good tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mayo51

Im big into jack and jones, superdry, and bench clothes...i love the style of these clothes and i like the tight fitting they have...is there any other brand like these that have tight fitting? Can anyone give me a good matching outfit aswell...is jeans and a t-shirt good enough or would i want a bit more...remember its a teenage disco :cool:

• Advertisement

You left out a few apostrophes, but it's an improvement on your last post.

When you're dressing for a night out, it's a good idea to stand out from the crowd while still having a bit of class (although seeing as it's a teenage disco, you could potentially get away with more a more extravagant style than an adult might want to stick to). Don't worry about specific brands - if anything, you don't want to wear the same thing as everyone else. Try shopping online instead of in chain shops (harder to figure out sizes, but at least you're not wearing off-the-rail).

While jeans and a t-shirt can work well, bear in mind that this is what most lads are going to be wearing on a night out. You'll need to put a bit of effort in so as not to look generic. The trend with young lads these days seems to be bright colours with logos and design elements everywhere - I'd suggest avoiding this if you want to look like you have your own style. Less is more. Try a plain t-shirt or a 'ringer' t-shirt (main colour with highlights in another colour at the neck and sleeves). You could add an open shirt over this to make it a bit more interesting (avoid closed plain shirts, as this is what the lads who aren't just wearing t-shirts will be wearing). A shirt over a t-shirt can also help hide armpit sweat stains if you're prone to these.

I'd recommend against the usual blue jeans. Again, these are exactly what every other lad in the place will be wearing. Try black or white jeans instead, making sure whatever you're wearing on the top doesn't clash. A bit of contrast can be interesting - e.g. a bright-coloured top with dark trousers, or vice versa (dark blue t-shirt with white jeans, for example). I like to match shoes with the top, but matching with the bottoms works too. Black shoes go with anything. Don't wear runners (skate shoes are OK).

If it suits you, accessorise with a 'necklace' (I don't know what the proper word for a man's neck accessory is). It doesn't have to be expensive as long as it doesn't look cheap. Chains are for knackers; get a leather or fake leather necklace with some tasteful adornments or a pendant. You could potentially add a small leather wristband to match. If you wear a watch, make sure it doesn't look cheap (no Casios).

Above all, make sure whatever you're wearing is clean and fits well. Tight can look well if you're fit, but too tight will make you look gay. Baggy clothes went out of fashion in the '90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

FruitLover wrote: »
    Above all, make sure whatever you're wearing is clean and fits well. Tight can look well if you're fit, but too tight will make you look gay.

You were doing oh so well until this final bit here, I'm taking my thanks back on your post.

If you don't wanna look like everyone else at the teenage discos just stop shopping in the same places as them, I can tell where everyone in my town bought all their clothes cause they rarely venture up to a city or somewhere bigger for them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

FruitLover, calling clothes "gay" is against the forum charter. Please read it before posting here again.

Advertisement