Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health insurance

• 04-08-2012 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, please feel free to move the thread to whatever forum is more suitable if i am wrong here.

Does anyone know a cheap health insurance company? I am with vhi but have to renew it soon and was wondering what the alternatives are. The good old Google search gives you some ideas but no real experiences, so I was wondering if anyone here could give some feedback about their companies. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You've come to AH for advice on yer health!!

Good luck wit that one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Give me a grand and I'll make sure nothing bad happens to you... if you get my drift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Pretend you are a car and get your wife to take out a policy with warrantydirect. Much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Not sure if this is the right place to post this,

Jesus was a great healer you could try the Christianity Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Cheap health insurance? Really?

Give Dr. Nick Riviera a call :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Try the health insurance authority. They do a market comparison.

http://www.hia.ie/ci/health-insurance-comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Do you really need it? Better to put the money into a savings account and use it if you need to see a doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

dvpower wrote: »
    Try the health insurance authority. They do a market comparison.

http://www.hia.ie/ci/health-insurance-comparison

Thanks! I'll check that out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Thanks! I'll check that out!
    Yeah, you Gocompare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

I think I'm on the cheapest plan on the market. It's 40 a month with Quinn/Laya. It's worth reading up on though just to be sure to be sure..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 willielovesall

I worked for ages for VHI as a sales agent.

If you are looking for advice on health insurance pm me. I actually know a lot about health insurance and all the different plans in the market and if you tell me your level of cover I will find an equivalent or better for a much better price. You can PM me for details.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ermahgerd

Do you really need it? Better to put the money into a savings account and use it if you need to see a doctor.
    Um, the point of insuring things is not because you NEED the insurance, it's in the event you NEED the insurance.

Sticking €600 or so a year into a savings account won't do you much good if you've something major come up in terms of your health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Been wondering about this myself. Been forking out about 650 a year for health insurance despite being young and in generally good health.. Knowing my luck though as soon as I'd cancel it, I'd get some horrific disease that's shockingly expensive to treat. Like, right now my income is about €20 a week too high to qualify for a medical card. Say I ended up with some form of cancer, would I be considered to be under undue hardship and be given a medical card? It's something I've been wondering cos tbh I do miss the 54 euro a month...

Advertisement