Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Ideas

Options
  • 04-08-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for some inspiration for my back garden. Any good websites or anyone got any suggestions/ideas?
    Budget is minimal - will be doing the work myself.

Attached are screenshots of current lawn.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi what not start with a nice small pondless waterfall.you could easily build it you self.jack dscf3684_109.jpg?width=600&height=450

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Some railway sleepers,a large concrete breaker,a very tough hard working woman and some gardening TLC too.

Thats all you need to turn something dull and weedy into something more pleasing on the eye.:)

ponddigger wrote: »
    hi what not start with a nice small pondless waterfall.you could easily build it you self.jack dscf3684_109.jpg?width=600&height=450

Thats nice...as per usual with your work.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

I would love to do something like that myself. I have a lot of old stone piled up in the garden and could do with putting it to use.

Would you have a link to a step by step guide for building one? And also maybe the price of a solar pump?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Widen your borders, plants planted up against the wall in a straight line in narrow borders just looks flat. You need to add some dimension to the planting, simple to start with taller plants at the back, play around with shapes, foliage, Color etc the choice is endless.

• Advertisement

hi tulipout,here is a link to a other tread on diy pondless waterfall cons http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72094985 :Dponddigger:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    Some railway sleepers,a large concrete breaker,a very tough hard working woman and some gardening TLC too.

Thats all you need to turn something dull and weedy into something more pleasing on the eye.:)

That is really lovely. Great great job. looks like a very peaceful relaxing space to chill out in. Hope you get years of pleasure from it.

Jake1 wrote: »
    That is really lovely. Great great job. looks like a very peaceful relaxing space to chill out in. Hope you get years of pleasure from it.

My missus did it all.I only took the pics.

Nice and relaxing indeed...even the wild animals like it.:D

hi tulipout,here is a link to a other tread on diy pondless waterfall cons http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72094985 :Dponddigger:D

Thanks for the reply..
    Firstly Fantastic looking work you've done, I can only dream of having the space for any of the waterfalls in that above thread.

I was thinking more along the line of a vertical waterfall (no stream) up against a boundary wall. Something like 5' high x 3' wide and 2.5' in depth.

hi tulipout.here is a pondless construction,might be of use to you http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/about5836.html.jack

• Advertisement

Tulipout wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply..
    Firstly Fantastic looking work you've done, I can only dream of having the space for any of the waterfalls in that above thread.

I was thinking more along the line of a vertical waterfall (no stream) up against a boundary wall. Something like 5' high x 3' wide and 2.5' in depth.

This perhaps?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for some inspiration for my back garden. Any good websites or anyone got any suggestions/ideas?
    Budget is minimal - will be doing the work myself.

Attached are screenshots of current lawn.

Thanks!

Couple of questions. :)

What is the garden space to be used for mostly, children, adults, family, pets etc? Do you have much interest in gardening or should it be low maintenance? Is there anything there that needs to stay eg a lawn area, special plant? Any favourite plants/ colours/ materials- stone/ timber? Whats the aspect of your garden?

Thanks ponddigger and paddy for the suggestions, I be more inclined to go for something like the cascade waterfall in the first of the 3 pics paddy posted.
    Because my garden is small I would have to scale down quite a bit.

Found these products below on a site.

http://www.primrose.co.uk/shopping_cart.php

4000 LPH pump, 30cm Stainless Steal bottom entry cascade, Hose kit,
    65L Reservoir with grid 70cm x 40cm Wide x 30cm Deep, Pond liner and Pond underlay.

Would you have any opinions on them and apart from building materials. ie sand, cement, stone and Tec7
    Can you recommend anything else I might need?
    Thanks again
    I hope op is getting plenty of ideas:)

Advertisement