Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose of Tralee SkyFest Air Display

Options
  • 04-08-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Back for it's third year, the SkyFest Air Display at the Rose of Tralee International Festival is one of the top attractions during this globally renowned festival.

Displays will feature world leading display pilots such as David Bruton and Gerry Humphreys. Loops, spins and rolls are only a crack of the ice in relation to what these guys can do!

The Irish Coast Guard, who retired their 34-year-old Sikorsky S61N helicopter in July 2012, will be displaying their shining new Sikorsky S92. We are humbled to have these heroes display for us again. It is also worth noting that the older S61 has carried out hundreds of displays at airshows around the country and we will be lucky enough to be the first of hundreds to come in their new S92. The Irish Air Corps has also confirmed their attendance in their Casa CN-235 Maritime Patrol Aircraft.

Also featuring a Gnat Jet - these beauties were formally used by the world renowned Red Arrows! Watch these superb pilots carry out skywriting with their smoke machines and remove all engine power whilst spinning to the ground - a breath taking experience!

The Air Display will take place on Sunday 19th August at 4pm at the Tralee Bay Wetlands Centre on the Ballyard Road (opposite the Aqua Dome). Please "Park and Fly" from the Festival Dome car park at least 30 minutes in advance for the best vantage points - there will be no parking available on the Ballyard Road.

For more information please contact skyfestairshow@gmail.com or see http://roseoftralee.ie/street-carnival/air-display

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

luckily I can just watch from my parents back garden!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    luckily I can just watch from my parents back garden!! :)

Airshow in Tralee! Fantastic, looking forward to it. A major attraction for visitors and locals alike:)

Airshow in Tralee! Fantastic, looking forward to it. A major attraction for visitors and locals alike:)

Ciarrai,

Forgot to ask, are you hosting a garden party?

Airshow, champagne and sunshine.........

You forgot to mention the address!!

Enjoy the Airshow Garden Party.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ciarrai,

Forgot to ask, are you hosting a garden party?

Airshow, champagne and sunshine.........

You forgot to mention the address!!

Enjoy the Airshow Garden Party.:):):)

Ya what a great idea,a Kerry boardise get together BBQ :D I like my steaks well done Ciarrai76 :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

no problem! I'm sure my parents would just love that! haha!

we used to love to watch the helicopter rides taking off & landing during the festival when we were kids. We never actually went on one, eventhough I do remember begging my parents every year!

• Advertisement

Ya what a great idea,a Kerry boardise get together BBQ :D I like my steaks well done Ciarrai76 :D

Think it is a great idea, I'm sure it would be well attended. Perhaps it could become part of Rose of Tralee 2013 calendar! We will bring the Pims:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    no problem! I'm sure my parents would just love that! haha!

we used to love to watch the helicopter rides taking off & landing during the festival when we were kids. We never actually went on one, eventhough I do remember begging my parents every year!

Celtic Helicopters, ran by Charlie Haugheys son Ciaran if I remember rightly...Think that was another taxpayer funded thing wasn't it?

Let's hope the airshow gets good weather!!
    A week of 25deg+ heat for the festival would be just the ticket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Must try and check it out if Im around. I remember those Celtic Helicopter trips, managed to go up on one as a young fella, remember absolutely planking it! Pretty cool way to see the town mind you.

Just a reminder folks theAirshow is on this Sunday afternoon. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SkyFest Airshow

We loved it!

Hope you all did too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Heres clips from the cockpit from this weekends show..

Advertisement