Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France/Spain/Portugal Aug 11th-18th

• 05-08-2012 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi Guys, booking hols for week 11-18th Aug and want some nice weather (not Ireland then) but not too hot. I've a little kid and a pregnant wife. So up to mid 20's OK, 30's no thanks.

I was thinking of avoiding Spain, Portugal, Canaries and heading for west coast of France but might get better deals further south of weather not too hot.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No further south than Bordeaux if you wanna be sure and avoid the med altogether.

Canaries rarely goes over 30 but windburn is a problem. North coast of Spain ( Bilbao- Vigo) may fit the bill too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭weisses

Yes agree with Sponge ... North/northwest Spain could be a safe option ....

You should check the local weather sites for a more detailed forecast ... Pick an area of interest and look up the weather .. your departure date is close enough for a decent reliable forecast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

The North-West of Spain is quite underrated. Went there last June and the weather is consistently like here on a really good warm/hot day. Lots to do and visit as well, i'd recommend Galicia. You can go to finisterre or visit the huge cathedral in Santiago de Compostella (lovely town too). An added plus for a family holiday there is that there is next to no young revelers and the landscape is quite beautiful and extremely similar to Irish ones. Theres no real "touristy" feel there either, only in towns which are on the Camino pilgrimage route.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hopefulaplican

Hi Guys, booking hols for week 11-18th Aug and want some nice weather (not Ireland then) but not too hot. I've a little kid and a pregnant wife. So up to mid 20's OK, 30's no thanks.

I was thinking of avoiding Spain, Portugal, Canaries and heading for west coast of France but might get better deals further south of weather not too hot.

Any help appreciated.

No recession in your house! :rolleyes: By the way some people carry on it's no wonder the country is where it is.

Advertisement