Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for language buddy :)

Options
  • 05-08-2012 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I really want to learn Irish (fluently) but none of my friends are interested in partaking in going to language courses or any irish language events... i dont even know of many :( - if theres anyone out there who is fluent or who would regard themselves of having a high standard (like me), who is in a similar situation let me know :).

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I used teach Irish classes to adults and very few came with a friend. In fact, sometime it was worse going with a friend because people were afraid to make mistakes infront of their buddies. Go alone, don't care about making mistakes infront of strangers and you'll be fine! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I really want to learn Irish (fluently) but none of my friends are interested in partaking in going to language courses or any irish language events... i dont even know of many :( - if theres anyone out there who is fluent or who would regard themselves of having a high standard (like me), who is in a similar situation let me know :).
    ehhh - cá bhfuil tú i do chónaí?
    cén aois thú?

Beagán eolais fút féin, agus bheadh sé níos éasca cuidiú leat, b'fhéidir!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eireforceone

hey,

i mBaile Átha Cliath agus tá mé 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

What is your reasoning in learning the irish language may I ask? Do you wish to be a teacher?

Advertisement