Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The end of Irish Manhood!

• 05-08-2012 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Up where I live, in oh-so-fashionable-but-tragically-pretentious South Dublin (or SoCoDu according to some) i have of late noticed a certain trend towards douchebaggery in the young that i had not previously spotted. Before, when I was young - being from Dublin 16 meant aspiring to go to DIT and do engineering with "the lads" - now it seems to be a prerequisite to being a bumboy. Weak, weedy young men with no ability to fix a puncture or crap in the woods, too used to "delicate" hobbies such as French horn and soft touch schooling which resulted in too few beatings during the formative junior cert years.

Everywhere is infested with scensters, and poseurs, emos and metros. With Skinny jeans hanging around their arses, A pair of converse high tops, hair screwed on to their heads and a pair of black rimmed glasses, they are the arbiters of cool in post Celtic Tiger Dublin. Ambition do not usually involve going to UCD for Orts, as that is too mainstream, rather the attraction lies in animation, media and other limp wristed quiche eating courses.

What is to be done about this? When the zombie wars erupt we will need to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with real men, those who can lobotomise a living dead with a well timed crack of a hurley,- instead we will have the company of girly men raised on x factor who think the zombies look like Jedward. What will we do? Their delicate nature will sell us all to ghoulish oblivion!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Would you ever grow f***king up and stop judging people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

All these pretentious kids see themselves as middle class these days, the ability to change a tyre or any other manly function are viewed upon as a job for the working class grease monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Well I certainly hope its not the end of Irish manhood, penises are very important!
    Also what's wrong with a skinny jean wearing, x factor loving, arty emo? Are you perhaps jealous of their coolness? I doubt it. Give me a big rugged man any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

Waestrel wrote: »
    Up where I live, in oh-so-fashionable-but-tragically-pretentious South Dublin (or SoCoDu according to some) i have of late noticed a certain trend towards douchebaggery in the young that i had not previously spotted. Before, when I was young - being from Dublin 16 meant aspiring to go to DIT and do engineering with "the lads" - now it seems to be a prerequisite to being a bumboy. Weak, weedy young men with no ability to fix a puncture or crap in the woods, too used to "delicate" hobbies such as French horn and soft touch schooling which resulted in too few beatings during the formative junior cert years.

Everywhere is infested with scensters, and poseurs, emos and metros. With Skinny jeans hanging around their arses, A pair of converse high tops, hair screwed on to their heads and a pair of black rimmed glasses, they are the arbiters of cool in post Celtic Tiger Dublin. Ambition do not usually involve going to UCD for Orts, as that is too mainstream, rather the attraction lies in animation, media and other limp wristed quiche eating courses.

What is to be done about this? When the zombie wars erupt we will need to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with real men, those who can lobotomise a living dead with a well timed crack of a hurley,- instead we will have the company of girly men raised on x factor who think the zombies look like Jedward. What will we do? Their delicate nature will sell us all to ghoulish oblivion!

Since when were Engineers associated with manliness and masculinity as opposed to that of been scrawny, ackward. bespectacled and goofy nerds and eggheads obsessed with star trek, Japanese animation, comic books in their time. Might like to rethink that one, even if the rest of your post makes some good points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Only scensters, poseurs,emos and metros talk about zombies.

What inthenameofjeasusisheonabout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

I'm from Dublin 16, do engineering in DIT, don't fit into skinny jeans, fixed plenty of punctures and have my escape to the Hellfire Club planned in great detail should a Zombie Apocalypse happen tomorrow.

The 21st of December is near, that should sort the men from the boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

SoCoDu
    I love it, keeps me entertained during lunch at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I propose a new system where at the age of 15, a male recieves 5 man cards. For every act that goes against being a man, they lose one. If they run out of man cards, they are forced to live the rest of their life as women, wearing dresses and skirts and forced to work in the kitchen. That should solve the problem of today's youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

OP, try Ranting&Raving.
    Pm one of the Mods for access.

dr.bollocko, Fluorescence, Grand_Rajnah, Handsome Bob, keefg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement