Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Almost) Live From Hell City. Part 1 - My Japan Diary

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

This guy is awesome. Been a fan for a long time, I just wish he'd make more videos. Preferably Winds of Thunder covers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Pyongyang, did they (Mikado) have any of the Parodius series? Specifically DA! ?

Any recommended night spots, preferably rock bars? There's only so much I can gleam from the internet, I've a fair idea of what to avoid from being in Japan on holidays before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

vangoz wrote: »
    Pyongyang, did they (Mikado) have any of the Parodius series? Specifically DA! ?

Any recommended night spots, preferably rock bars? There's only so much I can gleam from the internet, I've a fair idea of what to avoid from being in Japan on holidays before

Have you been to a Maid café yet?
    It's an experience everyone should try if in Japan.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Have you been to a Maid café yet?
    It's an experience everyone should try if in Japan.

Yeah, went to one in Aki, observing the Japanese patrons was the best part :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah, went to one in Aki, observing the Japanese patrons was the best part :D

I find the cafes very interesting but the local pervs are a sight to behold. I dunno how the ladies put up with creepy feckers (big tips help i guess). Went to one the other evening as they were having a Super Mario Kart tournament and that was great.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I find the cafes very interesting but the local pervs are a sight to behold. I dunno how the ladies put up with creepy feckers (big tips help i guess). Went to one the other evening as they were having a Super Mario Kart tournament and that was great.

I only went once and the local lads definitely fulfilled a stereotype , the ones I seen, reminded me of what teenage boys would act like around a tabloid glamour model, it was very funny though!!!

I was looking at the 8 bit cafe and Muteki Mario in shinjuku, they seem to be right beside each other. Has anyone been to these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Any other retro gaming cover bands I should kniow of?
    The Advantage are the best one imo. All NES covers.

There's also a band that do a metal tribute to Metroid which is quite good but can't remember their name.

Advertisement