Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the Thermalright HR-02 Macho owners

Options
  • 05-08-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi

I will buy a Thermalright HR-02 Macho for my new build. See New build for video editing with Ubuntu for more details.

However, I would be pleased to know some measures (in mm please) of this cooler.
    If you are the owner of this item, could you let me know:
    - The distance between the motherboard itself and the bottom of the fan.
    - The distance between the motherboard and the top of the fan.
    - The distance between the component under the fan and the fan, what is this component?

I will have ASRock 970 Extreme4 and I am thinking the way I will place the cooler flow, front to rear or bottom to top. I'd prefer bottom to top but don't know if the static cooler under in the motherboard will be small enough.
    What do you think?

Moreover, I will buy the case NZXT Tempest 410.
    The sizes are (W,H,D) 215 x 481 X 496mm
    Will the cooler fit if you compare with your case?

Many thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

No Thermalright HR-02 Macho owner?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

The Tempest supports heatsinks up to 170mm in height, and the HR-02 is 162mm so it will fit with a bit of wiggle room. Its a pain in the ass to install, but well worth the effort. A great heatsink and good value for money.

Advertisement