Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork or Limerick or Kerry???

Options
  • 05-08-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi All

So we've the house on the market and are looking to relocate :)

I have family in and around Limerick, and in the city there, but I'm not sure about relocating there - I haven't been to Cork in 20 years, but always remember it more as an enjoyable place to visit, seemed more artisan/arts & craftsy than Limerick. I'm well aware the job situation there is not rosy, so we have savings to support ourselves until work is (eventually) found, or we may set up our own small business - I'm a cook, he's a gardener....

My mum is Irish, came to uk in 70's but went back about 12 years ago, now I'm missing her and know that in the next few years she'll need some looking after, and with the property being so cheap now seems a good moment to go...

So what can you tell me about pros and cons of the two? Immediately to me, the property for sale and scenery is prettier in Cork, albeit slightly more expensive, same with Kerry vs Limerick, but the land doesn't seem so great. We'd like to able to grow fruit/veg, so imagine Kerry to be a bit rocky for growing and wild with the weather - we are in our late 30's, are not huge social scene party people, we like the country life, but an occasional trip to city for some shopping, cinema and a meal is nice! I would like to set up a market stall like I had over here a few years back - plants/gardening stuff/some homemade preserves and the like (I have all the relavant health and safety certificates regarding small catering business).

Ive seen a property near a village called Tarelton, Macroom - any info??

Ta very much - TaraG

Comments

Advertisement