Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma discussion thread

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I wouldn't use a lot of those tbh. Changes have been made to CP to change some of them drastically (barrier throw tech os is bad now). Also, there's a lot of things you should look to get a grasp of before looking towards option selects and more complicated options.

I think the only things that are important in that thread are the anti-roll os and cross up barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GigasBreaker

Yeah I knew you would be up for a few games lol but it's just a shame I can only get games in with people like once a week and that's if I'm not busy or working (hint hint get a ps3 cough cough) I could get a few psn's off here but I wanna wait for abit so I don't scrub out and make a fool out of myself lol getting the hang over combos but in the neutral game, feel like I'm in block stun for 95% of a match and getting counter hit the other 5% lol never got anyone down to less than half health woe is me lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

feel like I'm in block stun for 95% of a match and getting counter hit the other 5%

That's always been one of my gripes with anime games, pressure strings seem to go on forever and it's rarely obvious where the gaps are. You usually have to go specifically test the stuff you're getting pinned by. Otherwise people can just do the dumbest **** over and over until you get caught.

It usually turns out you can mash jab out at some random point where it looks like total suicide. :pac:

The piece of advice I can give is to make sure you're poking out with the right moves. For Azrael that means 5A if they're on the ground, 5A/5B if you think they're going to either instant air dash or jump on you to reset pressure, or 2C if they back off and jump on you again. (if you don't know number notation, just look at your keyboards number pad. 5 is neutral and 2 is crouching)

Most of the time I hear about people complaining about poking out in anime games, they're usually trying something with way too long start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Makofueled

My method for finding gaps with Ragna has always been

1)mash 2a during blockstun

2) Did it come out?

(2.1) I hit them. (Dat abare, proceed to 4)

(2.2) They blocked it. (Good enough for me to start pressure! Proceed to 4)

(2.3) I got counter hit ;_; (proceed to 3)

3) try mash dp there next time

4) Do stuff

On a basic level anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Depends on each character if your stuck in blockstun. Ragna for example can either mash C'DP and piss everyone off to high heavens, or get blocked and be free. :p Or you could just.. crouching jab.

Not sure what Azreal's option would be, but hazama, Jin etc have some pretty decent jabs too iirc, for jabbing out of hitstun. If in doubt DP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This is only €34.99 on EU PSN which is cheap compared to the extortionate amazon prices for a US copy.

Just purchased it. Can any of the extra characters be unlocked through in game means or do they have to be purchased?

You can unlock Kagura by beating story mode. Other two characters are DLC.

Bastards!

Terumi was free if you got the game on launch in Japan and America anyway. No idea about Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Can any of the extra characters be unlocked through in game means...?
    And remember, this is Blazblue, so completing the story mode will likely take you until next year.

You can get through it in about 50 minutes if you just turn on auto scroll.

So Bullet seems pretty fun to use.

Is her ridiculous 720A>720D>1080D ever used in a real match or a necessary part of her game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

It can be used. There's an interesting setup used as part of a pressure string I saw before where you end the pressure in a blocked 6C, and dash in after the bounce away and use her 720 after the dash. This obviously needs 2 heat, since without it she has a scoot rather than a dash.

That being said, you probably won't do any super a lot with Bullet. Her gameplan involves using meter to gain heat, or burning both meter and head to ensure heat and damage when a combo ends, rather than one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

Have people moved onto using the translated US version now, or are ye all still using the Japanese version?

I'm using the EU version from the Irish PSN store.

So Bullet seems pretty fun to use.

Is her ridiculous 720A>720D>1080D ever used in a real match or a necessary part of her game?

It costs 2 heat and 50 meter to do approximately half of the average characters life. Its good if you can get it but you don't have that big grappler threat that others have to force your opponent to respect you. Its rare but not useless.
    Have people moved onto using the translated US version now, or are ye all still using the Japanese version?

Casuals and tournaments still running off the Japanese version because we have discs. I'm still running my Japanese copy, though I might pick up and English copy for Vita if it gets the updates for Celica & Lambda on time.
    Voa wrote: »
    It can be used. There's an interesting setup used as part of a pressure string I saw before where you end the pressure in a blocked 6C, and dash in after the bounce away and use her 720 after the dash. This obviously needs 2 heat, since without it she has a scoot rather than a dash.

That being said, you probably won't do any super a lot with Bullet. Her gameplan involves using meter to gain heat, or burning both meter and head to ensure heat and damage when a combo ends, rather than one or the other.

Or just do a dash 720. 6C is baaad outside of combo routes.

Wait, this actually came out? When? I owe someone a copy from that release date betting pool.

Sairus wrote: »
    Wait, this actually came out? When? I owe someone a copy from that release date betting pool.

They kindof cheated and did a digital only release a couple months ago to absolutely zero fanfare.

So technically it's still not on store shelves yet.

• Advertisement

tumblr_n9srg2QFdC1spivfbo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

how

Style.

Looks like he was hit by... *puts on sunglasses* ...a smooth criminal.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

EEEEH you okay? You okay? You okay Hazzee?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Damn. Urge to play Haz rising.

Some of this **** coming in from the Loketests.

Bullet and Azreal seem to be getting the strangest...buffs? I guess? They're not awful things happening to them.

Meanwhile, in Tager Town;
    - 6B not overhead anymore.

G'night everyone, it's been a great 4 years.

Haz combo is fatal and crouching. Basically do whatever you want.

Also everyone has got nerfed to **** in this loketest. I don't expect the majority of it to stick. Azrael got nerfed pretty bad, not buffed. Izayoi changes are beast. If it sticks like that I'll drop Ragna for her in a heartbeat.

I wasn't sure on the Az stuff, a lot of it is stuff I would have to see in game to recognise (like, what's his 6B look like? Is it big it doesn't launch?). All I saw was "wallsplat on rekka", wallsplat off any hit with Valiant, instant Growler cancels, faster Growler start up and more pressure off Gustav. Yeah, no more full inv reversal sucks, but deal with it. His offence is so powerful once he pops his top that a reversal tool should be something he lacks, beyond block/best backdash options on wake up.

Also, not sure how I feel about ODGC. I'll have to learn who's pressure strings are jump cancelable now. OD720 punish e'eryday. Or does it still take the 15 frames to startup? And I'm hearing conflicting reports about OD duration, any reliable source on it?

• Advertisement

I wasn't even aware Tager had a 6B. :pac:

Voa wrote: »
    I wasn't sure on the Az stuff, a lot of it is stuff I would have to see in game to recognise (like, what's his 6B look like? Is it big it doesn't launch?). All I saw was "wallsplat on rekka", wallsplat off any hit with Valiant, instant Growler cancels, faster Growler start up and more pressure off Gustav. Yeah, no more full inv reversal sucks, but deal with it. His offence is so powerful once he pops his top that a reversal tool should be something he lacks, beyond block/best backdash options on wake up.

Also, not sure how I feel about ODGC. I'll have to learn who's pressure strings are jump cancelable now. OD720 punish e'eryday. Or does it still take the 15 frames to startup? And I'm hearing conflicting reports about OD duration, any reliable source on it?

Those buffs don't actually do anything though. They don't add anything to his combo routes or neutral. Growler was already completely safe if you triggered it so making it recover faster is just something decent, but doesn't honestly matter too much. Deal with it? Did I ever have any issue with it? I'm just clarifying that the loss of a reversal considerably outweighs one or two irrelevant buffs. Saying he got buffed is actually just completely wrong and its not a great thing to run around saying the previous top ties got buffed when they didn't for a new release, its just going to turn people off the game.

Relius and Valk have probably got hit the hardest yet out of anyone. Relius lost jump cancel 3C (Huge, like crazy big) and Valk lost his command grab (including the wolf regen part) as well as wJ.C as an overhead option (whiffs when doing it instantly from a jump) and got a new angle of wolf cannon as the only form of compensation.

Meanwhile Izayoi gets an actual dp, the ability to activate trans am with just 1 stock and follow ups to dive. Sounds great.

ODGC sounds really dumb. It has the start up still but I legitimately don't see what they're trying to accomplish with it. OD is already a super strong option, why are they buffing it? I seriously hope if you use ODGC you lose the full duration of your burst or something to compensate.

I didn't mean you specifically :P I ment in general (so rather a case of "azreal will deal with it"). Sorry if it came off directed. It's also why I made the original statement about his "buffs" a question. I wasn't sure if the buffed moves outweighed the loss of a reversal. I'm not running my mouth out about anything, I just wanted to get some reliable info, and knew you'd supply :P

Also, plz arksys, don't make my life harder q.q all these izayoi sadnessess.

Its fine, it just could be construed that way but I didn't think there was real intent there. Only get to see everything now anyway. Growler nerf will help make things less frustrating for a lot of characters looking to chase down his backdash now you don't have to worry about invul.

2C got a lot of recovery added. It honestly needed to. The move was pretty ridiculous for the area/angles it covered without much risk. Been told it effects his corner combos but if you can do 5B with the new wallsplat on rekkas you won't lose too much damage off basic combos but you will off of proc'ing upper weakpoint but that did more than enough damage anyw. J.Ds knockback further on hit now which means less immediate risk of mix up directly after an applied weakpoint.

Gustav leaves him closer on block. This is worse for him on IB but better on normal block for obvious reasons (for people who don't know its +1 on normal block and -2 on IB).

He's still going to be really strong. Most of the other top tiers are getting hit harder.

Given a little more info on some tager stuff; it seems AC no longer bounces? I think this means we're gonna see a return to Extend style Tager combos (not off a jab, obviously). Should be interesting for his combos paths.

6A pulls hard on AA; I honestly don't see this being huge. Unless they did something to the start up, or maybe just made 5C -> 6A more reliable? Maybe it'll open some wacky ass Combo paths :P

What I'd like to see is a full body strike invul (can still be thrown) Voltic with longer recovery from neutral :P I want to feel like I have some option against low pokes that isn't just "get pushed back or jump over so I can run under you".

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

hi guys, would love to get into the bb scene. was wondering if there some way to get the recent bb on pc. i know you can get the very original, do you lads know some trickery to get the latest?

• Advertisement

The only trickery is this;
    Go buy a PS3, then buy it online.
    Unless you want a physical copy. There really is no way of getting it on anything else, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

I've seen this in the arcade, looks cool but I haven't tried it out yet. Any tips guys.

Play everyone for a little while in training mode. Find one dude you think is pretty radical/works well for your style of play. Try them out in a real match. Keep playing them forever.

Or maybe that's just me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

Haha nice tips voa, is it like SF in commands? I don't have any console to play this. I think I'll just play the arcade machine.

I have to try and play some more Terumi, still have to get used to that the headstomps can't link into forward D anymore. I do love that st.B into the command grab is still great, especially if you alter it up that the command grab happens from st.B > cr.B > C.Grab. Changing up the combo somewhat so its harder to spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

10. July 2015

Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend announced for Europe

12. July 2015

Blazblue CentralFiction announced

Stay classy, ArcSys :pac:

Location tests for this next week. Even by Arc Sys version release schedule, this is ****ing insane.

Suuuuuure, why not.
    :pac:

Advertisement