Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert results night.

Options
  • 05-08-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

What is everyone doing for results night. Does anyone know how to get tickets to parkers browns ? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As in previous years, any posts encouraging, suggesting or advocating illegal activity (yes that means drinking while underage) will be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 12345letsgo

its an under 18's night no alcohol served :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Honestly no idea, the local discos are always filled with 1st years even on results nights. Probably loads of friends just get food and watch movie and stuff. Last year in my town people couldn't get into the disco after 20 minutes because it was full

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Retrospector

I dont want to go to a disco or go drinking, anyone have any ideas or suggestions

I dont want to go to a disco or go drinking, anyone have any ideas or suggestions

Friends house, few DVDs order a takeway, better than it sounds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

YoungTrouble, don't post in this forum again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Going on the tear, all day,will probably collect the results the day after.

PS: I joke, I joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Troxck wrote: »
    Friends house, few DVDs order a takeway, better than it sounds.

Followed by the oblig xbox marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 2Mainstream

I will probably be going to a house party. :D Do many people go into school the next morning?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

I don't know what I'm doing, School the next morning as well like...

• Advertisement

I will probably be going to a house party. :D Do many people go into school the next morning?:confused:

Yeah, we have to or our parents are told. Some amount of excuses were made last year about coming in late...

Troxck wrote: »

Yeah, we have to or our parents are told. Some amount of excuses were made last year about coming in late...

Yeah in our school you get detention :-(

Yeah in our school you get detention :-(

Which is fair enough, there's no point doing something crazy over the JC. Not like it killed your social life like the LC might

yeah very true but i did try so i want to have fun so a lie in would be nice but i think coming hungover or still drunk is a disgrace and its always the ones who didnt try that hard that do :)

I agree. I think I'll come in around 11 so I'm not missing the whole day but I do think my school are pretty understanding. They know we have spent the last three years working for the Junior and we deserve to celebrate on our results night. In my opinion we should be given the next day off or should be given the results on a Friday. What time does the school give out the results anyway?

What time does the school give out the results anyway?

Every school is different, but most distribute them either at 'small break' or just before lunch.

I hope we get ours early because the nerves will be getting to me! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Havent a clue what to do.. Im so used to going to my local underage disco that Itl be just like a normal
    night if I go on the 12th and then the other underage club there was stabbings last year so Im planning on staying
    away from there but I want to do something like :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

staying at home, get dominos, fifa tournament with my mates. heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

I'm going to see Gaga on the 15th! :D I wasn't even planning on celebrating the results by going, it just happened to be near the date. And probably going to the disco

• Advertisement

I get my results at half 3 in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Anyone going to time lads. :D
    I can't wait to get them but I'm nervous for them. My Mam said as long as I get 5 honours I can go. I'm not sure if she's trying to go easy on me or she's a bit clueless that I did 11 exam subjects.... :pac:

AulBiddy wrote: »
    Anyone going to time lads. :D
    I can't wait to get them but I'm nervous for them. My Mam said as long as I get 5 honours I can go. I'm not sure if she's trying to go easy on me or she's a bit clueless that I did 11 exam subjects.... :pac:

Haha its mad how many people ive heard of talking about Time on this!
    Ive been there so many times I dont think itl be anything special if I go there JC results night! :/

Haha its mad how many people ive heard of talking about Time on this!
    Ive been there so many times I dont think itl be anything special if I go there JC results night! :/

I go there almost everytime ! theres no where else i can go really it'll be an absolute sweatbox like last time! just hope none of the young ones go to it or its strictly 3rd years [probably not but maybe] :p

I go there almost everytime ! theres no where else i can go really it'll be an absolute sweatbox like last time! just hope none of the young ones go to it or its strictly 3rd years [probably not but maybe] :p

Are you a girl or a lad? :L
    So do I haha! What age are you?
    It was actually bad last year stopping people from going onto the main
    floor cause they couldnt hold the crowd..they shouldnt have let them in
    if they couldnt deal with them! I see a few second yrs in my school already talking about the one on the 22nd -.- I just hope they wont be at the Results one!

Are you a girl or a lad? :L
    So do I haha! What age are you?
    It was actually bad last year stopping people from going onto the main
    floor cause they couldnt hold the crowd..they shouldnt have let them in
    if they couldnt deal with them! I see a few second yrs in my school already talking about the one on the 22nd -.- I just hope they wont be at the Results one!

Girl :P I'm 15.
    I know! All the second years go to it now -_- It's so annoying, it used to be just me and my friends and nobody else from school went there until someone found out about us going and now everybody goes including a few people i REALLY don't like and it puts me off going! I'm not going to the 22nd one though :)

Girl :P I'm 15.
    I know! All the second years go to it now -_- It's so annoying, it used to be just me and my friends and nobody else from school went there until someone found out about us going and now everybody goes including a few people i REALLY don't like and it puts me off going! I'm not going to the 22nd one though :)

Haha Im a girl and 15 too but not for much longer! (The age bit not the gender bit :L)
    Im not going either I think its going to be crap and its a bit of a rip off
    so I might wait for the results nnight one or just go for a meal with my friends and have the banter after:L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I have no idea when I get my results (like time etc) but most likely I'll go home (I live close to school) to tell my parents etc and meet friends in town until early evening and then head home for Minecraft or Xbox. I'm not really into going out late like some of my friends are. Plus, idk do I have the following day off etc.

Haha Im a girl and 15 too but not for much longer! (The age bit not the gender bit :L)
    Im not going either I think its going to be crap and its a bit of a rip off
    so I might wait for the results nnight one or just go for a meal with my friends and have the banter after:L

me too i'll be 16 in october :p exactly what i was thinking of doing :rolleyes: great minds think alike :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Chicken and Cheese

When are the results even out? Is it the thirteenth? I don't really like discos, so I wasn't going to go to one. My friends would probably want to go to someone's house, they're not fans either..
    My school don't give them out until three. By which point they'll be online, so it's completely ridiculous. I was even considering going home for lunch at one, finding out what I got online, and return to school! But then that would kill the excitement.. But the way we have to wait all day is dreadful.

Advertisement