Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You seem to have an existing website using the domain name. Do you want to replace that with the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Ya I want to use the site http://johnboyleshopfitting.yolasite.com/ that my friend did for me on www.jbshopfitting.com that I have registered using a domain package off ye.
    I currently have a site on www.jbshopfitting.com and want to replace it with the site http://johnboyleshopfitting.yolasite.com/ (Onto my domain www.jbshopfitting.com)

I hope that makes sense

You appear to have a site hosted with us already ie. you have hosting + the domain

If you want to use your domain name with Yola you'll have to pay them for the option

Blacknight wrote: »
    You appear to have a site hosted with us already ie. you have hosting + the domain

If you want to use your domain name with Yola you'll have to pay them for the option

No I want to use www.jbshopfitting.com but have the content from yola on it. How do I do that?

No I want to use www.jbshopfitting.com but have the content from yola on it. How do I do that?

If you want to use Yola with a domain name you'll need to pay them for that.

• Advertisement

If you want to use Yola with a domain name you'll need to pay them for that.

So I can't use the content from yola on my domain that I registered with you guys?

So I can't use the content from yola on my domain that I registered with you guys?

You would need to contact Yola about their services - they appear to have an option to use your own domain, but it costs extra

In common with most commercial sitebuilders there's no simple way to export the content or download it and upload it to hosting provider such as ourselves.

You would need to contact Yola about their services - they appear to have an option to use your own domain, but it costs extra

In common with most commercial sitebuilders there's no simple way to export the content or download it and upload it to hosting provider such as ourselves.

Ok I will ask yola about doing that so. If its a pain to do how do I go about using the domain I registered with ye on yola?

Ok I will ask yola about doing that so. If its a pain to do how do I go about using the domain I registered with ye on yola?
    You will need to talk to Yola if you want to use their services.

How do I transfer my domain to yola? Do I need permission or certain information from ye to do it? It seems to be the simplest solution from what I'm reading.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

To transfer the domain you need to have the EPP code, which I have just sent to you. You will need to now initiate the transfer with Yola.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hi I have a website domain www.jbshopfitting.com registered using one of your domain packages. A friend of mine just created a site me http://johnboyleshopfitting.yolasite.com/

I'm wondering how do I go about adding this to my domain address www.jbshopfitting.com ?

Ask your friend who created the yola site for you to download the content/site from there, and upload it to the Blacknight hosted site; that way you won't have to do anything funky with transferring domain names etc, or pay out extra money.

Ack, looks like its not as straightforward as I thought; might be easiest just to transfer your domain name to Yola as Niamh already said

Advertisement