Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You probably need to upgrade to the $4.95/month package.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

You can't move the domain. Do you mean moving the content from the "yolasite" site to your site (jbshopfitting.com)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

M.T.D wrote: »
    You can't move the domain. Do you mean moving the content from the "yolasite" site to your site (jbshopfitting.com)?

Yes he can.

He can transfer his domain to Yola and upgrade his plan to use his domain alongside his yola site.

https://www.yola.com/tutorials/article/Tutorial-Transferring-your-domain-to-Yola-1285944437144/Publishing_domains_and_email

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

lee3155 wrote: »
    M.T.D wrote: »

Yes he can.

He can transfer his domain to Yola and upgrade his plan to use his domain alongside his yola site.

https://www.yola.com/tutorials/article/Tutorial-Transferring-your-domain-to-Yola-1285944437144/Publishing_domains_and_email

Brilliant that's what I needed to know. So am I better off transferring my domain www.jbshopfitting.com to yola and cancel the hosting package I have with blacknight solutions as well? The site builder package with blacknight us terrible compared to yola as well

Brilliant that's what I needed to know. So am I better off transferring my domain www.jbshopfitting.com to yola and cancel the hosting package I have with blacknight solutions as well? The site builder package with blacknight us terrible compared to yola as well

If your happy with the design from Yola then yep. As far as I know, Yola own the template of your site so you can't copy it.

• Advertisement

If your happy with the design from Yola then yep. As far as I know, Yola own the template of your site so you can't copy it.

Ok what do I need to ask blacknight solutions sobu can transfer my domain from them to yola?

Ok what do I need to ask blacknight solutions sobu can transfer my domain from them to yola?

You'll need the EPP code and the domain might be registrar locked so you'll need them to unlock it also. Best off emailing them or waiting for their rep to see this and reply here :)

You'll need the EPP code and the domain might be registrar locked so you'll need them to unlock it also. Best off emailing them or waiting for their rep to see this and reply here :)

Cool I'll ask them for the EPP code so. When I get the EPP code do I just sign up for a hosting package with yola and use my domain with them then so I can use the yola site on my domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Hi,
    Original question was regarding moving the Yola site, not the Blacknight site. The content is easy to move but the domain name "http://johnboyleshopfitting.yolasite.com/" is not.
    Does the term "you get what you pay for" mean anything.
    We have sites hosted on Blacknight, 365, Spiral, Hostgator, Digiweb to name a few. By all means put a personal blog on a "free" hosting but not a business. It looks as professional as hand writing "business cards" on pieces of paper torn from a copy book. If that is the image you want for your business go ahead. The SEO on your Yola site is abysmal, so if you are expecting it to get you new business don't get excited too soon. BTW the "free" site isn't free once you add in things like email and lots of other facilities that are included in Blacknight's package, you might find that Blacknight is actually cheaper. If you insist in using yola do not need to transfer your domain name away from Blacknight just re-point the DNS to the yola server, a 2 minute job.
    Changing it to anywhere else once it is with yola would likely be a different matter.
    I am an independent online consultant, not an employee of Blacknight, some of my sites and some of my clients sites are hosted by Blacknight and they are friendly and helpful.
    If you have an Irish business and your customers are in Ireland, get Irish hosting and get your website designed and set up properly and most importantly promote it, if you do not know how pay someone who does. A good website will get you business 24/7/365, ie it is an asset not an expense do not skimp on it.
    P.S. do not use flash (except sparingly) if you want search engines to index your site.

If I knew how to move the content from the yola site to my domain it would save me a lot of hassle as the content would then be on blacknight and the hosting package I have with them. :)

I would pay for a pro to do it but I'm on the dole due to not having any work at all these and I'm trying to generate some work and have no budget at all for paying a pro to do this for me as I'm lucky to have a euro left from the dole when I pay bills etc.

Any advise or help will be much appreciated on this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement