Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal life vs. boards

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nobody else curious about what the OP is afraid of people finding out then, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Does anyone ever wonder why some people feel like sharing so much personal information on boards? Some people just seem to use boards as their personal agony aunt and divulge so much fantastic information about their life that you just can't help wondering if they can actually be telling the truth. At least that's what it feels like to me sometimes. Does anyone else get that feeling sometimes and wonders what some people actually get out it to tell so much bull***t?
    not mine is it?:confused:

though am not using boards as a agony aunt so dont know if it is or not,due to severe disabilities am unable to self filter or edit out information.
    am the type who is excessively honest with info due to how disability impairments affect self.
    even though am still unable to hide self am very paranoid and untrusting of other users having been taken advantage of,lied to and bullied for a number of years by a person who used information of mine to pretend they were also serverly autistic;using what a support staff called 'grooming of a vulnerable adult',being the honest type who naturaly assumed everyone else were the same had just assumed she [or he,as it turned out] was being truthful,was driven into severe mental illness by this person and was told by gp woud have been sectioned if did not live in residential care.

proving honesty is a big issue of mine,probably because of how easy it is for people to say anything on the internet having known so many proven bullstters on support forums.
    the chick project link of mine in sig goes to the site of the local autism organisation that owns the residential care centre am in,plus both the site galleries and the page specificaly in sig has photos of self,and first name,which if read the home page to somewhat narrows it down what am here for.
    its ridiculous though,on some poultry sites we have people who make up having any pet chickens,stealing photos off other people.

for some of us we have no other way of communicating our thoughts other than through text,makaton,BSL/ISL or pictures, and the internet is a gateway to freedom of communication and the world,something which non impaired people can do easy enough,in own case this is why the internet means a lot more than offline world,its a lifeline-and this is where many other people;especialy those with impairments and disabilities coud probably relate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Some people live out a second life through sites like this one-replete with vague fantasy, multiple accounts, tall tales about their fictitious achievements, and often a veritable suite of tumbleweed blogs to go with it.

Thankfully, they are a very slim minority, if an ever present one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Im very dodge to be posting anything personal at all. Irelands such a small fupping place too. Im sure there are lits of people on here i know IRL who wiuld twig who I am with only the slightest hint. Better just to have the banter and keep it simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Scruffles wrote: »
    not mine is it?:confused:

No not yours, and as mentioned earlier I didn't mean to talk about anyone in particular but just wondered if anyone else sometimes wonders about the amount of personal information people reveal about themselves, which, sadly, often seems to be utterly fabricated to me.

In fact, I was talking about people like that former "friend" of yours who used your story and experiences to get attention. It's that sort of stuff that really annoys me and I hope that you are better now after finding out that someone betrayed you like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Some people live out a second life through sites like this one-replete with vague fantasy, multiple accounts, tall tales about their fictitious achievements, and often a veritable suite of tumbleweed blogs to go with it.

Why would anyone in their right mind bother doing that? I can kind of the see the attraction of out and out trolling, winding people up can be fun I suppose if your into that kind of thing but what's the point in telling lies no one cares about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I fúcking hate choc mint :mad:
    Choc mint, get out of here. I said mint!

But I like chocolate so the mint ruins it.

You ruin chocolate! MONSTER :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Boards and real me are the same. Only difference is that I'm more vocal online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

But I like chocolate so the mint ruins it.

You ruin chocolate! MONSTER :mad:
    I meant mint on its own. Chocolate mint is fundamentally wrong. It's interbreeding really isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I'm funny and popular in real life too ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Indeed. Seems to be a good few of them types in the Aviation & Aircraft forum.

Advertisement