Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dx11 gaming on a dx10 carded lucidmvp motherboard

Options
  • 05-08-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

While waiting to buy a dx11 graphics card for my new system coming soon, I just thought of something but maybe it's not possible?

Could I run games in dx11 mode through the HD4000 integrated GPU on an Ivybridge I5 while using my current dx10 dedicated GPU alongside it in virtu mvp's hyper performance mode on the Asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard for a boost?

In other words, use the dx10 card for mostly running the games and the i5 igpu for the dx11 extras.

There is nothing addressing this on the lucidvirtu or Asrock websites. It would get me the dx11 effects without purchasing a dx11 card just for those effects.

Anybody try this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm pretty sure its impossible.

Advertisement