Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to connect PS3 to Internet via 3

Options
  • 05-08-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Lads,

I am currently trying to connect my PS3 to the Internet via my laptop and using my 3 Wireless Modem but I am not getting anywhere and fast. I looked at a previous thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055868834 and whilst this was very helpful it did not solve my problem for me.

The issue I am getting is like a lot of others had and that was the message re ' The attempt to obtain an IP address timed out '.

I am operating Windows 7 on my laptop.

Any tips or ideas on how to resolve my problem(s) would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Is it the Wifi modem you can carry around or just the mobile brodband dongle that you need to plug in via usb?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niall77

I have both but what I am using currently is the WiFi modem, a Huawei E585

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Ok well there is no need to have the laptop on for the wifi modem, if anything it'll make the connection worse.

Under network settings go to custom then scan for the wifi, then put in the password, then set ip address and mtu to automatic and if you want, put dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and UPnP disabled. I think that's everything, it should work then. I think the reason why it wasn't working was because of the ip address probably being set to manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ok well there is no need to have the laptop on for the wifi modem, if anything it'll make the connection worse.

Under network settings go to custom then scan for the wifi, then put in the password, then set ip address and mtu to automatic and if you want, put dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and UPnP disabled. I think that's everything, it should work then. I think the reason why it wasn't working was because of the ip address probably being set to manual.

To add to that great response try turning your firewall and antivirus off as a test !

Ed

Advertisement