Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PORSCHE 924 ,FIRST CLASSIC

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

Ah yes, the hot start issue. I heard something about a jury rigged switch to deal with that problem.
    The problem with the hot start ,is all down to the thermo time switch which is located at the rear of the engine block ,a real bitch to change,thats provided you can find a replacement,as far as i know they are obsolete,but was told there is a company in the states who are remanufacturing them, but i have yet to locate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Anyone come across a noisy fuel pump on the 924? Ive read its common too. I just recently bought one and it makes a terrible din from behind the back right wheel. You can hear it easily when standing beside the car and when driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is it mounted correctly? The mounts may have dried up and broken making a knocking sound.

g25ba9s.jpg

If it's a worn pump I think it will screech/whine.

• Advertisement

Is it mounted correctly? The mounts may have dried up and broken making a knocking sound.

g25ba9s.jpg

If it's a worn pump I think it will screech/whine.
    if its very noisy its probably on its last legs,or it could be the impulse pump is blocked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

kasper wrote: »

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4911263

It's an early one, so not fully galvinised - worth keeping in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A lot of these cars ar expensive considering they're almost all post '79 and have no NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

A lot of these cars ar expensive considering they're almost all post '79 and have no NCT.

No NCT or tax required on a bicycle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

salysol wrote: »
    your better off with a hard roof 924 no leaks to deal with,every last one leaked and ruined the interior.
    Mine has a sunroof and it's the business. Never leaks and it's like driving a targa with it out! I recently got a child seat for mine (kids just got old enough for a booster) and they absolutely love driving in it with the roof out.
    Ah yes, the hot start issue. I heard something about a jury rigged switch to deal with that problem.
    Easily done and works a charm. Not ideal - but I've read of people forever chasing the cause of the issue.
    I agree. I wouldn't buy a post 79 car without an NCT. There must be a reason it doesn't have one.

@ salysol - would love to see some pics of that blue turbo. :)

Dades wrote: »
    Mine has a sunroof and it's the business. Never leaks and it's like driving a targa with it out! I recently got a child seat for mine (kids just got old enough for a booster) and they absolutely love driving in it with the roof out.

Easily done and works a charm. Not ideal - but I've read of people forever chasing the cause of the issue.

I agree. I wouldn't buy a post 79 car without an NCT. There must be a reason it doesn't have one.

@ salysol - would love to see some pics of that blue turbo. :)
    He's sending me some tomorrow,will post them as soon as i get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 philcant2012

JP 1800 wrote: »
    The car will need an annual nct but will be on classic tax, there is no such thing as a cheap classic. I would prefer a 944 as it is a real porsche

Would a 968 any good?

Would a 968 any good?
    Great car would love 1 ,but way out of my price range,but if you are thinking of buying 1 bring a mechanic with you and check the history if there is any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 philcant2012

salysol wrote: »
    Great car would love 1 ,but way out of my price range,but if you are thinking of buying 1 bring a mechanic with you and check the history if there is any.

What shud i look out for?

did these have obd1 or obd2 diagnostic ports?

does the 968 have onboard computers as standard?

when i buy one,would it be difficult to luk for the original radio?

What shud i look out for?

did these have obd1 or obd2 diagnostic ports?

does the 968 have onboard computers as standard?

when i buy one,would it be difficult to luk for the original radio?

As the 968 hold their money, i would suggest you go here www.porsche968uk.co.uk

Although i like them, i am not that clued up on them , so you would better off getting answers from the 968 club members.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And we'll keep discussion of anything relating to the Porsche 924 to its own superthread

Here

Feel free to start a thread on the 968

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement