Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mistakes you have made you would warn others about.

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Colmustard wrote: »
    I just learned this today

I can tether my Galaxy s2 to my computer to get the internet, the speed is pretty decent as well, that knowledge will come in handy.
    There's an app you can download called PDA Net that works with any phone that has Android. You just have to download the programme to your computer too. My laptop has bluetooth so I can connect it with that, no cables or nothin'! Daycent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Never ever leave getting your passport sorted until 2 days before youre due to fly....thats just silly!

Im flying to Florida on Tuesday, only sent off the forms on Friday. Thats 2 working days, a 50/50 chance of it being ready when I go to collect it on Tuesday morning. Flying at 12.30, going in to see if passport is ready at 9.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Never ever spray shaving foam instead of de-icer on all your car windows at 3am on a freezing cold morning while drunk, when your heavily pregnant designated driver wife is about to drive you home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

mauzo wrote: »
    Never ever leave getting your passport sorted until 2 days before youre due to fly....thats just silly!

Im flying to Florida on Tuesday, only sent off the forms on Friday. Thats 2 working days, a 50/50 chance of it being ready when I go to collect it on Tuesday morning. Flying at 12.30, going in to see if passport is ready at 9.30.

Hi my name is Sir Buzz Killingston and I sent away my passport over a month ago. I paid the extra €9 for the 10 day express service with the post office. I have yet to receive my passport, so good luck with that...

mauzo wrote: »

why would you send off forms?
    if you go into the office with them and your proof of flights they'd do it same day/next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

Don't eat yellow snow.

Don't get too far into the friend zone with every girl you like,

Don't worry too much about the smaller details or religion,
    they all basically say don't be a prick (to thy neighbour).

Have your own opinion about music, football, politics, things in general and dont listen to music snobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Money isn't everything...well it is if your below a certain level, Once you more than you need to live comfortably and save some for the future you generally just waste it on more expensive stuff.

Better to find a job/career you love that pays the bills than a high paying job you hate.

If your in college and realise at the start that course isn't for you leave you can allways go back next year. Or go get a trade/go travelling and figure out what you really want to do. If you figure out in your last year complete the course!

Only one free degree in this country:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Be nice to customer service staff

They will do far more for you if you are nice instead of aggressive

This also applies to call centres, the staff are sound and want to sort you out asap.

Never talk down to them. That could well be you in that job someday in the future. You never know, even if you've a great job you could be redundant in the morning and need to take a job, any job

It's extremely likely your son or daughter will have one of these jobs at some stage and you wouldn't like them to be taking abuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Never pull in Q-Bar. One direction is dark corners and the other is Strobe lights. Never know what you'll walk out with :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

When the sign says, 'Don't Feed The Bears', man, you'd better not feed them bears!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

If there is a member of your family who you do not wish to speak to, for whatever reason, do not let anyone emotionally blackmail you into it.

Your reasons are your own and important to you, so anyone who tries the whole "he's family" routine should be ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

If something smells like ****, turn around and run in the other direction.

Choose your friends wisely, those who you surround yourself with say a lot about you are a person.

Never change anything about yourself to fit in with other people.

Don't let the bastards get you down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

bluewolf wrote: »
    why would you send off forms?
    if you go into the office with them and your proof of flights they'd do it same day/next day

Sorry thats what I meant. Went in on Friday, had proof of travel and everything and was told theres a 50/50 chance of it being ready on Tuesday! Also paid 150 euro :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

If you don't know what the button does, don't push it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

Don't take on too much work/responsibility if you know you can't handle it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

put your green bottles into the green section at the bottle bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

If you know its hot don't touch it.

Same for live wires, wet paint and moving fan belts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I you think you are going to vomit after a heavy night, stop and vomit and don't wait until you are walking past a church the next morning while people are walking out and unavoidably getting sick then.

Also never trust a bull, no matter how quiet he seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Make love not war.

Because you're never going to win against her. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭daithieoghan

Dont follow every pied piper that you meet during your life. You'll learn the hard way eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

Don't ever sit down after a shave & a shower & spray after shave on your face.

After the first 5 minutes thinking your balls that are on fire means you're dying, you're reminded of alcohol & gravity & feel like a complete fool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

When putting a sump plug back in, always put it in fully and tighten it. Do not just screw it back in loosely so you can go off for a wander looking for the spanner and get sidetracked. If you don't have the spanner/socket, don't put that plug in.
    This didn't happen me but I learned it through a friend who found out from his boss that the grader he just serviced had dumped its transmission oil all over the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Do not attempt to fill a silence in a conversation when you have spoken last, they have equal obligation to talk. It will come across as weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

From experience................

Think with your BIG head, not your SMALL head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Never agree to loan a friend money, when the friend wants to collect you from a psych ward after you've had a breakdown after the death of your father, spin you a sob story about how she got a builder to do 3k of work on her house, and now can't afford to pay him, and also needs to put a stone on her sons grave, another 3k. I became friends with her after my friend (he son) died a few years earlier. This was in 2007, and have not heard a word since. She's still living in a 5 bed in a prestigious area too, the b*tch. And buying new iphone recently according to her fb feed.
    Just wondering (i have all the details re: the 6k loan- paperwork wise, plus several letters from her explaining the latest "tragedy" in her life, and promises of starting to pay soon.) if i have any legal recourse? Any advice appreciated (maybe pm so not to take the thread off-topic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Pull the light green chord before the green chord when jumping out...or is it the other way around:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

zef wrote: »
    Never agree to loan a friend money, when the friend wants to collect you from a psych ward after you've had a breakdown after the death of your father, spin you a sob story about how she got a builder to do 3k of work on her house, and now can't afford to pay him, and also needs to put a stone on her sons grave, another 3k. I became friends with her after my friend (he son) died a few years earlier. This was in 2007, and have not heard a word since. She's still living in a 5 bed in a prestigious area too, the b*tch. And buying new iphone recently according to her fb feed.
    Just wondering (i have all the details re: the 6k loan- paperwork wise, plus several letters from her explaining the latest "tragedy" in her life, and promises of starting to pay soon.) if i have any legal recourse? Any advice appreciated (maybe pm so not to take the thread off-topic)
    Very specific for AH! I would contact a solicitor or free legal advice centre (FLAC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭deisebibo

wear your heart on your sleeve, :( dangerous business

Advertisement