Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Saville exposed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

I'd love to know who was protecting him from above and why. Could it be that JS knew too much about people in high office up to the same type of thing?

These are the pertinent questions. I hope the answers come out.

Hootanany wrote: »

Ive also read about another ex prime minister, a more recent one.

Bloody hell, where will this story end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hootanany wrote: »
    That looks like it was written by someone who would be part of some vigilante mob that attacks paediatricians offices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i wonder how he got on in the broadmoor hospital, i know that place, and it is for those who would be really creminally insane,
    a bit prison like,
    who in there would he be able to get close to,
    as they were all adults, and not all of them safe to be near

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

goat2 wrote: »
    i wonder how he got on in the broadmoor hospital, i know that place, and it is for those who would be really creminally insane,
    a bit prison like,
    who in there would he be able to get close to,
    as they were all adults, and not all of them safe to be near

They should have kept him there.

i cannot understand why he had sucvh a big following, were people blind, he always looked horrindous, i would not mind if he were good lucking, i would have understood people drooling over him, but whenever i ever say him on the box, i used to switch to another channel, could not look at that freakish thing,
    and people buying his old watches and rags for big bucks, fools them, wool pulled over their eyes,

then again i dont see any human on the plannet more important than the next, and if we all looked at one another , it would be a level playing field.
    amd people like that freak would not have got away with that ****e

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They should have kept him there.

looks like he deserved locked up in broadmoor more than some of the inmates there,
    he was just laughing at the lot, knowing he should have been there without a key to get out.

I think showbiz is riddled with weirdos and weirdos supporting weirdos. Look at the Roman Polanski case where Whoopie Goldberg made some comment about Polanski's having sex with a 13 year-old wasn't a problem. A lot of them are on a different planet where anything goes.

I think showbiz is riddled with weirdos and weirdos supporting weirdos. Look at the Roman Polanski case where Whoopie Goldberg made some comment about Polanski's having sex with a 13 year-old wasn't a problem. A lot of them are on a different planet where anything goes.

Yup, Woody Allen marrying a girl he helped raise, in a father figure role also springs to mind.
    yet stars still line up to work with MR Allen. The mind boggles

:mad:

What was the reasoning for Jimmy Saville to be at Broadmoor, was he raising money for the Hospital at the time, does anyone know.

Just seems odd, if he were raising money for a hospital like Broadmoor, dosn't have the usual cache

Ah... just read the Guardian, I see he was on a taskforce.

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    Yup, Woody Allen marrying a girl he helped raise, in a father figure role also springs to mind.
    yet stars still line up to work with MR Allen. The mind boggles

:mad:

I'm sure that if some of them weren't famous showbiz personalities, they'd become famous for another reason i.e. being on the sex-offenders' register.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

El Weirdo wrote: »
    That looks like it was written by someone who would be part of some vigilante mob that attacks paediatricians offices.

most of it seems reasonable enough

dunno about the ex pm-the rumours are out there

What was the reasoning for Jimmy Saville to be at Broadmoor, was he raising money for the Hospital at the time, does anyone know.

Just seems odd, if he were raising money for a hospital like Broadmoor, dosn't have the usual cache

Ah... just read the Guardian, I see he was on a taskforce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile

In 1988 he was appointed chairman of a task force set up to advise on governing Broadmoor:eek:

M cebee wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile

In 1988 he was appointed chairman of a task force set up to advise on governing Broadmoor:eek:

hmmm, a Disc Jockey advising on a high Security Hospital???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

What's totally sickening is that he completely got away with it. He went to his grave being lauded and he can't be touched at this stage. I wish he had lived longer, just so he could have been found out. Having your reputation ruined when you are gone is no justice. Smug b&stard.

hmmm, a Disc Jockey advising on a high Security Hospital???

there's no doubt he had serious contacts and prob lots of intel on fellow pervs in high places

that explains a lot of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Who was the Prime Minister they're saying was fiddling with kids?

Neeson wrote: »

TH
    seems to be rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Neeson wrote: »

Edward Heath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

fruvai wrote: »
    Edward Heath
    thought it was G.B.

whatever it was I read it seemed like a bizarre conspiracy theory, but life is strange..

there's a rumour that he's linked to haut de la garenne with his yacht

wonder is it bs or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

He was always over in Jersey with his Boat bringing Orphan on trips alledgly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

That's the problem with conspiracy theories. By the laws of probability there's bound to be truth in at least one - doesn't mean the rest aren't complete bullsh1t.

Heck I'm surprised RTDH hasn't got one right yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    That's the problem with conspiracy theories. By the laws of probability there's bound to be truth in at least one - doesn't mean the rest aren't complete bullsh1t.

Heck I'm surprised RTDH hasn't got one right yet!

Bet you a fiver he does not get one by 2040

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Bet you a fiver he does not get one by 2040
    not fair, how do you pay him after December 21st?

• Advertisement

not fair, how do you pay him after December 21st?

Am on record as saying I only bet on things I can fix:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Given the immensely powerful and at times vindictive enemies that Ted Heath made in his life (I'm thinking of one lady in particular) - I think it would have been revealed before now were he involved in something as vile as this.

Given the immensely powerful and at times vindictive enemies that Ted Heath made in his life (I'm thinking of one lady in particular) - I think it would have been revealed before now were he involved in something as vile as this.

Plus one on the above, and if you wanted an a gay rant about people who could not sue then that link was one

FFS why kenny everet

jimmy savile got away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

looks like this spitting image sketch is very appropiate all these years later.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭bertieinexile

The difference between the Irish media and the British when it comes to something like this is that the British get around to covering it... eventually

A ton of Irish DJs and media worthies put in their time at Radio Sunshine and Radio Dublin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_pirate_radio#Sunshine_Radio_and_Radio_Nova_.22The_Super_Pirates.22
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_pirate_radio#Radio_Dublin
    (Marty Whelan, Dave Fanning, Brian Dobson....)

at most one room away from their employer 'Captain' Eamon Cooke - who did two spells in Arbour Hill for statutory rape.

For a flavour of what went on around them
    http://www.radiowavesforum.com/rw/archive/index.php/t-2247.html

Yet how many have heard about this? Make a great Prime Time Special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I knew about Eamon Cooke, so did any reader pf the Evening Herald or Hot Press. It was extremely well covered. It broke along with the priests and the swimming coaches - ten years back. Some of the younger readers of the thread may not know. Savile was suspected / rumoured - Cooke was convicted. Where is the argument ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Never liked him, dirty little bollix in his manky shellsuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Sunday World says today he's been investigated for necrophilia, he was caught in a state of undress in the morgue of the hospital by a member of staff

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

MJ23 wrote: »
    Never liked him, dirty little bollix in his manky shellsuit.

Always loved him, part of my youth, sad.
    #rugbyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Boombastic wrote: »
    Sunday World says today he's been investigated for necrophilia, he was caught in a state of undress in the morgue of the hospital by a member of staff

:(

It keeps on getting worse...... Jesus Christ he was a disgrace on a biblical stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

His dick must have been well festered if he was at that dirty,rotten, smelly kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

didn't he tell louis theroux that his dead mothers body was left with him and he described it as a fantastic night alone with her body? nah surely he didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭bertieinexile

I knew about Eamon Cooke, so did any reader pf the Evening Herald or Hot Press. It was extremely well covered. It broke along with the priests and the swimming coaches - ten years back. Some of the younger readers of the thread may not know. Savile was suspected / rumoured - Cooke was convicted. Where is the argument ?

Fair point that the law knew about Cooke and we're just finding out about Saville now.

My point is about where this seems to be going next, the collateral damage for individuals and institutions in the British media who knew and did nothing.

Cardinal Brady was in a lot of trouble for assuming others he notified were notifying the Guards.

Could Brian Dobson, Anna Cassin, Brian Jennings, Eamonn Falvey, Aidan Cooney, Martin King, Marty Whelan, Dave Fanning et al even claim that much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Can it get much worse than accusations of necrophilia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

It can only be a matter of time before Boris Johnson's mother comes forward and tells us that she was raped by Jimmy Savile in 1963.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Can it get much worse than accusations of necrophilia?

Slightly worse if it's proven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

This is getting a bit ridiculous. What next, maybe Jimmy shot JR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It wasn't his fault lads:

* NSFW

They've now got his late brother in the frame for dirty doings back in the 70s:
    Jimmy Savile's older brother sacked from hospital after being accused of raping psychiatric patient

They must have had a strange upbringing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2217561/Jimmy-Saviles-older-brother-sacked-hospital-accused-raping-psychiatric-patient.html?openGraphAuthor=%2Fhome%2Fsearch.html%3Fs%3D%26authornamef%3DLarisa%2BBrown

Jebus, ye couldnt make this **** up. If Run to the hills came in with a story like this.... why Id... LOL

No offense RTDH's :) but ye know what I mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

rugbyman wrote: »
    Always loved him, part of my youth, sad.
    #rugbyman

I hear ya.

To younger people, I spose he was seen as an odd old eccentric who smoked cigars & ran Marathons.

To those of us 35 up & had the BBC in the '70 & '80s, he was a major figure.

Everyone watched Jim'll Fix it, Top of the Pops, British Rail ads, etc.

He really was everyone's favorite uncle, in a way.

Very sad to see an icon of your youth to be, well, I dunno....

Of course I feel sympathy for all those people he hurt over the years.

Reading the posts here, it seems that he got away with an awful lot of sh1t because he knew the right people & raised all that money for charity.

Have to say, he really worked really hard at being a deviant & having that kind of control that these types like to have.

Hard to get one's head around really.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Have ye seen this?

http://twitpic.com/b48hr5

Advertisement