Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Saville exposed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

getz wrote: »
    smash mate both sutcliffe and frank are admitted freemasons,as for jimmy ,no one as yet proved it, as for mr heath[ a mason], he was a reguler visitor to kincord boys [east belfast] remember that case ? and also visited the haut la garend childrens home in jersey,
    Thing is, most politicians would have visited every children's home, hospital, community centre, etc in the country. It's what they spend a large amount of their time doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Neeson wrote: »
    His penis should go on display in the London Museum of Modern Art.
    By the sound of things half the population of Britain has seen it already....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Thing is, most politicians would have visited every children's home, hospital, community centre, etc in the country. It's what they spend a large amount of their time doing.

Thats not true. They probably visit them in their own constituency, and if they get a particular portfolio they'll branch out nationwide in that area (ie Helth minister visiting hospitals etc), but there's absolutely no reason why a politician from (eg) London should visit a home in (eg) Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

By the sound of things half the population of Britain has seen it already....

Worringly (I think) he visited here http://www.crc.ie/ quite a lot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What I found most disturbing about the whole thing, is that in the hospital he used a cup for washing himself and than eat beans out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What I found most disturbing about the whole thing, is that in the hospital he used a cup for washing himself and than eat beans out of it

And used one pair of grundies. Rotten. Imagine the smeg. IMAGINE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    yes that would be true,but in the cases and the persons we are talking about ,the fingers were pointing at them years ago,it seams to have been common knowledge at the time of those events,but its only now that the main media is bringing it up after savilles death,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Seemingly, The Grocer was warned off cottaging by Scotland Yard (the higher echelons are packed with FMs)in his early career. But there doesn't seem to be any hint of under age stuff.

Incidentally, he departed this world a bitter, argumentative man ........... his successor is taking a similar route.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

Spread wrote: »
    Seemingly, The Grocer was warned off cottaging by Scotland Yard (the higher echelons are packed with FMs)in his early career. But there doesn't seem to be any hint of under age stuff.

Incidentally, he departed this world a bitter, argumentative man ........... his successor is taking a similar route.

who is the grocer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

(the higher echelons are packed with FMs)

Who are the FMs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

LordSutch wrote: »
    Who are the FMs ?
    freemen
    free masons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Strange, Wilson died long before Heath.
    AlarmBelle wrote: »
    who is the grocer?
    Ted Heath
    Who are the FMs ?
    I'd hazard a guess that its freemasons.

Its funny how all this stuff about Heath seems to have started by that looniest of loonies, David Icke.

http://www.davidicke.com/articles/child-abuse-mainmenu-74/31148-paedophilia-and-satanism-the-fabric-of-the-web

and;

Can't read that Icke article but fairly certain I've seen it mentioned that he called Savile a paedophile about 15 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Chris Morris also did a sketch on "the day today" and the punchline involved Jimmy being told he wasn't welcome in a hospital because he's a filthy f**ing Nonce!!! (circa 1992)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The Irony of all this to is that Saville didn't like children all that much and is on record as saying so to . Sorta like interviewing somebody for the job as football manager who tells you they don't like football all the much but '' I'm sure I'll be right for the job '' ...you would show them the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Latchy wrote: »
    The Irony of all this to is that Saville didn't like children all that much and is on record as saying so to .

He gave that line in the Theroux docu on him which he admitted was a way of diverting attention away from himself and any suspicions people had of him.

Though given the fact that he has been raping and abusing kids, one could say it a given that he didn't like them.

Latchy wrote: »
    The Irony of all this to is that Saville didn't like children all that much and is on record as saying so to . Sorta like interviewing somebody for the job as football manager who tells you they don't like football all the much but '' I'm sure I'll be right for the job '' ...you would show them the door.
    The louis theroux interview explained that as a ploy to keep the papers away from finding out that he actually really really really liked kids...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The louis theroux interview explained that as a ploy to keep the papers away from finding out that he actually really really really liked kids...

Zebra3 wrote: »
    He gave that line in the Theroux docu on him which he admitted was a way of diverting attention away from himself and any suspicions people had of him.

Though given the fact that he has been raping and abusing kids, one could say it a given that he didn't like them.
    The thing is I have seen him say it on a film clip long before the Theroux documentary in which he was asked why he never married and had kids was because quote '' I'm not all all that fond of them '' but he obiously was fond of them in another way .He was an evil creep and his body language around young people spoke volumes .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Zebra3 wrote: »

i also think watching that Louis Theroux doc....he tried to give the impression that he was a closet gay...."oh i have no interest in women, never had a girlfriend, never been intimate with one" by saying that he was hoping that people will think he must be gay and therefore divert any paedo rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

POINTERY wrote: »
    The whole thing makes me sad tbh.
    C'mon cheer up now.

Ding-dong the witch is dead and all that...

Who are the FMs ?

Free Masons m'Lord

Rascasse wrote: »
    Strange, Wilson died long before Heath.

Was talking about his successor as Tory leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Not sure if this was mentioned before or not. But apparently there are one or two more well known presenters involved to some degree.

I read yesterday that Bruce Forsyth is taking some time off from Strictly Come Dancing. I'm not saying he was involved but he would have been a big time presenter in those days.

AlarmBelle wrote: »
    who is the grocer?
    s

Heath was called The Grocer by Private Eye in the 70s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

py2006 wrote: »
    Not sure if this was mentioned before or not. But apparently there are one or two more well known presenters involved to some degree.

I read yesterday that Bruce Forsyth is taking some time off from Strictly Come Dancing. I'm not saying he was involved but he would have been a big time presenter in those days.

To be fair, Bruce Forsyth taking time off could purely be because he's ancient. Not sure if it makes much sense to speculate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Corkfeen wrote: »
    To be fair, Bruce Forsyth taking time off could purely be because he's ancient. Not sure if it makes much sense to speculate.

You are probably right, I think he is in his 80s.

But he is known to have been with a string of younger women in his time. Although, of the legal age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

If John Peel's name is mentioned in any of this, I'll die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Sorry to break this to you, but you honestly haven't heard?

Yes, he's been named and shamed. The BBC has put the renaming of a wing to the John Peel wing on hold because of it.

He married a 15 year old back in the day and had to leave the USA because of underage shenanigans. Then he got another 15 year old pregnant in the UK.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/people-news/savile-abuse-claims/49531/john-peel-got-15-year-old-girl-pregnant-three-month-affair
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/oct/12/jimmy-savile-john-peel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Sorry to break this to you, but you honestly haven't heard?

Yes, he's been named and shamed. The BBC has put the renaming of a wing to the John Peel wing on hold because of it.

He married a 15 year old back in the day and had to leave the USA because of underage shenanigans. Then he got another 15 year old pregnant in the UK.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/people-news/savile-abuse-claims/49531/john-peel-got-15-year-old-girl-pregnant-three-month-affair
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/oct/12/jimmy-savile-john-peel

I haven't been following the whole thing very closely, but :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

If you look at those tumbler images, the 8th picture down:

"To my Pal"
    "Gerhalt the Glitter"

I know its well documented that they are both Paedo's but how old is that image and how slow have the alarm bells been to ring on this one.

Most sensible people took one look at the pair of them and realised that they were both highly unusual creepy individuals, and yet all the protection organizations, school boards, hospital boards, The British national broadcaster, even the police in some situations.....stayed curiously silent and even if the silence was forced, the willingness to allow the fcuking creep access to vulnerable children still remained.

How did nobody with an axe to grind manage to trigger the alarms ?
    How high up did knowledge of this go ?
    What power or control did this sick fcuker have over those who knew to keep their silence, or did those who knew just not care ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

better write your will then:pac:

yep seems like John Peel was suspect as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like Ireland is about to have its own celebrity rapist controversy if the morning headlines are to be believed.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-probe-rape-claim-against-major-celebrity-3271951.html

Well we've already had a leading sports journalist named for having a relationship witha 14 year old girl. Not sure he'd be classed as a celebrity though

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/index.php?aid=7412

http://theirishobserver.blogspot.ie/2011/04/tom-humphries-journalist-accused-of_17.html#!/2011/04/tom-humphries-journalist-accused-of_17.html

I'm assuming this is someone in either music biz or RTE (or was in either at the time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

mike65 wrote: »
    Looks like Ireland is about to have its own celebrity rapist controversy if the morning headlines are to be believed.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-probe-rape-claim-against-major-celebrity-3271951.html
    I'm assuming this is someone in either music biz or RTE (or was in either at the time)
    I think it's best if we don't speculate on who this person might be.

Indeed! (I'm only a bit stupid! :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Oh, I know mike. T'was more of a general pre-emptive strike. ;)

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Oh, I know mike.

:mad: :p

I'm sure we can all wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I wish everyone would stop bad mouthing Jimmy Savile!

Nothing wrong with the man!

When I was 9 he even fixed it for me to milk a Cow blindfolded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I think it's best if we don't speculate on who this person might be.
    Spoilsport.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

Ghandee wrote: »
    When I was 9 he even fixed it for me to milk a Cow blindfolded!

Are you same person posting this rubbish one liner across all the Saville youtube clips too?

Your not funny, Alright!

Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

books4sale wrote: »
    Are you same person posting this rubbish one liner across all the Saville youtube clips too?

Your not funny, Alright!

Grow up.

Eh, no.

Its a joke btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

I see that John Peel has been mentioned in this thread.

It appears that he did admit to contact with under-age girls during his time in the US back in the 60s.

It's also well known that his favourite track of all time was the Undertones' Teenage Kicks

And what's on his headstone?

"Teenage dreams so hard to beat" :eek: (from Teenage Kicks)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1578522/John-Peel-gets-Teenage-Kicks-epitaph.html#disqus_thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

"All they wanted me to do was abuse them, sexually, which, of course, I was only too happy to do," Peel told the Guardian in 1975. "Girls," he said to the Sunday Correspondent in 1989, "used to queue up outside oral sex they were particularly keen on, I remember one of my regular customers, as it were, turned out to be 13, though she looked older."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

questions have now been asked in the PMs question time in parliament about certain pedo downloading at number 10,and why the police did not follow through with their inquires ,i believe its connected to that certain PM who is no longer with us, the net is closing,watch this space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

getz wrote: »
    questions have now been asked in the PMs question time in parliament about certain pedo downloading at number 10,and why the police did not follow through with their inquires ,i believe its connected to that certain PM who is no longer with us, the net is closing,watch this space

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

News coming in now that Floella Benjamin knew what was going on and that the Round Window actually looked into Savile's dressing room.

• Advertisement
Advertisement