Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jimmy Saville exposed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Is Savile known to have attacked pre pubescent children? If not then we can't call him a paedophile can we? A prolific rapist, abuser and sexual deviant yes but not a paedo

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Jimmy Saville got away with being a paedophile for so long for the the following 2 reasons:
    1. He was a personal friend of Margaret Thatcher.
    2. He was a Freemason.
    In the fullness of time, this will be exposed fully. His large donations to the Freemasonary and Conservative Party were like an insurance policy. Connections that kept him above the law.

Where's all me bloody tinfoil gone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Is that Jimmy's hand between the girls legs when she jumps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2mweG3ogU0

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

Dodge wrote: »
    I think thats the case for a lot of people. If you look at the clip the Sun posted of him 'groping' a girl on TOTP, its not unrealistic to think that people thought he was just a pervy creep that pinched the odd arse (that girl was 19). That's a world away from someone who preyed on vulnerable girls to perform sex acts with him and his buddies

Ian Hislop explained it well on the recent 'Have i got news for you' when he said people claiming that everyone 'knew' what he was up to was wrong. Sure they may have suspected him but not many actually 'knew' exactly what he was doing.

I've no doubt some did, but I don't think its fair to say 'everyone' did (even if they thought he was a creep)
    pinching arses was kind of accepted then as a sort of joke although a sleazy one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Is Savile known to have attacked pre pubescent children? If not then we can't call him a paedophile can we? A prolific rapist, abuser and sexual deviant yes but not a paedo

At least one of the accusations was about a 10 year old girl.

Not that that the semantics really matter. No real need to rank the disgutiness of the acts IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Jimmy Saville got away with being a paedophile for so long for the the following 2 reasons:
    1. He was a personal friend of Margaret Thatcher.
    2. He was a Freemason.
    In the fullness of time, this will be exposed fully. His large donations to the Freemasonary and Conservative Party were like an insurance policy. Connections that kept him above the law.

I wouldnt hold my breath sad and tragic as that is. Jimmy Vile was a freemason and his ring has been covered up for years and I believe it will be covered up again, too many higher ups in my opinion are involved right through British society alleged paedo rings in their parliament and the institution that is the BBC. Interesting to note the police investigation into him and the accusations against others has been called operation "yewtree". Its importance in freemasonry a coincidence perhaps but after all these revelations nothing would surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

http://21stcenturywire.com/2012/10/22/ben-they-wanted-names-but-not-the-one-i-gave-them/
    he mentions controversial ken clarke- former justice minister groped him

interesting bit about the times too

At least one of the accusations was about a 10 year old girl.

Not that that the semantics really matter. No real need to rank the disgutiness of the acts IMO
    Don't see the issue with getting our facts straight considering the heinous nature of the alleged crimes. But considering nothing has been proven or is proveable maybe facts and accuracy have no place here.

Don't see the issue with getting our facts straight considering the heinous nature of the alleged crimes. But considering nothing has been proven or is proveable maybe facts and accuracy have no place here.

Nothing is proveable? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Nothing is proveable? :rolleyes:
    The man is dead. He cannot be tried. The current trial by tabloid hysteria we have is hardly a reliable way to establish facts.

The man is dead. He cannot be tried. The current trial by tabloid hysteria we have is hardly a reliable way to establish facts.

Its a lot bigger than just one bloke who preyed on vulnerable kids now, and there's far more than just tabloid media looking into it.

But you can continue to believe Savile should be left alone if you wish

Its a lot bigger than just one bloke who preyed on vulnerable kids now, and there's far more than just tabloid media looking into it.

But you can continue to believe Savile should be left alone if you wish
    When did i suggest he should be left alone? It would appear that JS was a monstrous predatory abuser of the worst kind. I just don't think stating conjecture as fact helps the case against the perpetrators or helps victims.

When did i suggest he should be left alone? It would appear that JS was a monstrous predatory abuser of the worst kind. I just don't think stating conjecture as fact helps the case against the perpetrators or helps victims.

I don't think either is going to be effected by random musings on an internet discussion forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

old_aussie wrote: »
    Is that Jimmy's hand between the girls legs when she jumps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2mweG3ogU0

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

From what I can make out, Jimmy Savile was both an ephebophile and a paedophile, as he is alleged to have abused both categories of youngster. Shocking to think I wrote a letter to Jim'll Fix It when I was a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

have you seen Irelands greatest, Graham Linehan, letting rip on Have I got news for you??? I was going to type it but i'll leave it to him !!

It's at 3.32

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

there is actually a term for being attracted to teens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's been alleged that he abused a nine year old boy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

This is horrific. A person actually walked in on SAville raping a 12 year old. Huge actions to be learned from this. Inaction from bystanders lets abuse and suffering continue.Stand up to unethical behaviour you see.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/354854/354854

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fWESAXoe_dA

And Edwina Curry gave a cryptic answers:cool:

Two former nurses have said mental health professionals KNEW Jimmy Savile was a pedophile...but let him carry on visiting, and abusing patients!

One ex psychiatric nurse said

"Id long considered him, as many of my colleagues did...as a man with severe personality disorder, with a liking for children"

The reporter asks what was he regarded as by staff, and the ex PN says "He was regarded as a pedophile, even amongst the pedophile patients"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is horrific. A person actually walked in on SAville raping a 12 year old. Huge actions to be learned from this. Inaction from bystanders lets abuse and suffering continue.Stand up to unethical behaviour you see.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/354854/354854

"The man, who would only give his name as 'Barry'..."

Sounds legit.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

have you seen Irelands greatest, Graham Linehan, letting rip on Have I got news for you??? I was going to type it but i'll leave it to him !!
    Another remarkable thing about that clip is seeing Clare Balding tearing in to the tabloids near the end. There's someone who doesn't get p-o'ed sufficiently often, if you ask me - it works for her there.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

bnt wrote: »
    Another remarkable thing about that clip is seeing Clare Balding tearing in to the tabloids near the end. There's someone who doesn't get p-o'ed sufficiently often, if you ask me - it works for her there.
    She's dead right. The sidebar on the right is a disgrace (well, the whole paper is).
    Get a log in to it and try and get a really badly rated comment. Best one I saw was on a Nick Griffin article about when he tweeted a gay couples address and advised people to show them "british justice". All the comments support griffin, but one of the worst rated ones was posted just after 11am said:
    "presumably all the pro-BNP direction of the comment ratings will change now the pubs are open"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

bnt wrote: »

Clare Balding is hardly one for getting up on her high horse and having a go at the tabloids obsession with appearance.

Didn't she say something to a jockey not too long ago along the lines of "show us your teeth there, gives us a big smile" & "you can afford to get your teeth done now". This was seconds after the guy had just won the grand national.

keith16 wrote: »
    Clare Balding is hardly one for getting up on her high horse and having a go at the tabloids obsession with appearance.

Didn't she say something to a jockey not too long ago along the lines of "show us your teeth there, gives us a big smile" & "you can afford to get your teeth done now". This was seconds after the guy had just won the grand national.

Balding's an excellent broadcaster. Easily the best sports presenter on the BBC(as she clearly does her research and refrains from being a cheerleader).

She also happens to know racing inside/out so I'd assume she knew the jockey quite well and knew what was/wasn't acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Balding's an excellent broadcaster. Easily the best sports presenter on the BBC(as she clearly does her research and refrains from being a cheerleader).

best TV presenter around at the moment imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Freddie Starr arrested as part of the 'Savile' investigations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Rascasse wrote: »

He took a swing at a reporter and rammed their car (allegedly), so probably related to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Whatever about his role if any in this, his recent comments about the woman who made the accusation about him ie, '' she's from one of those reform schools '' (implying that because of, she's not a credible witness ) shows the complete ignorance of the man whom I always despised as much as Saville .

The video of Saville molesting the woman live on TOTP is so sickening because from his expressions it's obvious he's getting a big turn on, knowing he's doing it in front of millions of people ,yet nobody said nothing .What strange times we lived in back then .

• Advertisement

Hobbes wrote: »
    He took a swing at a reporter and rammed their car (allegedly), so probably related to that.

With his Belly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's at 3.32

He's spot on about how; if you search for "all grown up" on the Daily Mail site, basically every article returned is about how sexy the children have become!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?sel=site&searchPhrase=%22all+grown+up%22

That's weird as hell

http://news.sky.com/story/1005362/savile-molested-teen-during-top-of-the-pops
    A Top of the Pops audience member has told Sky News she was molested on camera by Jimmy Savile and then laughed at by a member of the crew when she tried to complain.
    Sylvia Edwards, who was 18 at the time, says she was told to get lost by a man on the studio floor who said: "That's just Jimmy Savile."
    Footage from the programme in 1976 shows the teenager clearly shrieking and jumping up from her seat as she struggles to get away from Savile, who says to a camera: "A fella could get used to all this."

The fact that he was so blatant to have a grope on live TV is really shocking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Q: Whats common between Jimmy Saville and a battery?

A: They're both charged after they're dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

This could be too much for Starr, he looked like he was about to collapse when interviewed with his fiance a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Just saw that video of Jimmy Savile with that young girl on TOTP, the one he groped. F ucking sick c unt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Just saw that video of Jimmy Savile with that young girl on TOTP, the one he groped. F ucking sick c unt

If thats what he done when he was been filmed you can imagine what he got up to when was alone with young girls.

Latchy wrote: »
    Whatever about his role if any in this, his recent comments about the woman who made the accusation about him ie, '' she's from one of those reform schools '' (implying that because of, she's not a credible witness ) shows the complete ignorance of the man whom I always despised as much as Saville .

The video of Saville molesting the woman live on TOTP is so sickening because from his expressions it's obvious he's getting a big turn on, knowing he's doing it in front of millions of people ,yet nobody said nothing .What strange times we lived in back then .
    he hates paedophiles:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Great interview from the Vice.com lads with the type of people going to Freddie Starr shows.... (maybe NSFW) - http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/was-freddie-starr-the-third-man-in-saviles-dressing-room

One classy excerpt :

" Tony, 56, from Halesowen.

What do you think of this underage girl scandal that’s just come out about Freddie?
    Tony: I didn't know about it until now, but nope, I don't believe it.

You don't think he'd do something like that?
    No, he’s Freddie Starr, isn’t he? He’s just superb; he’s not that kind of guy.

If he had been involved, would you feel bad about coming tonight?
    Well, it all depends on how young the girl was. If she was 15, which is only one year under, that would be alright. Any younger and I think I'd have reservations.

What about 14?
    Well, some of these girls look 21 when they're only 14. It depends.

So, 13 and upwards, maybe?
    Yeah, yeah.

Yeah, he's only 69, so I suppose 13 would be fine. As long as she looks 15, that is."

• Advertisement

Dr. jimmy savile

the crack at broadmoor that C4 are reporting on is unreal

edwina currie put him in charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Fieldog wrote: »
    Great interview from the Vice.com lads with the type of people going to Freddie Starr shows....

How are they great interviews? Most of the questions he asks are nonsense.
    If someone approached you with such retarded questions you would probably give stupid answers too thinking it's the village idiot not a journalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

It makes me sick with all these guys / gals coming out with their stories. Where were you 20 years ago. If only they could lock up these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

T-K-O wrote: »
    It makes me sick with all these guys / gals coming out with their stories. Where were you 20 years ago. If only they could lock up these people.
    Well, that's a new twist. Lock up the victims....

T-K-O wrote: »
    Back in the 1970s, it was a case of " you don't talk about that sort of thing", the same could be said about a lot of things that happened behind closed doors in Irish institutions as well back then. The victims of that have only recently been able to speak up and be heard.

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »
    Well, that's a new twist. Lock up the victims....

I think he means the people that knew something was going on but did not act to try to put a stop to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

M cebee wrote: »
    the crack at broadmoor that C4 are reporting on is unreal

edwina currie put him in charge

He was in charge at Broadmoor?? What made him qualified for that job? Should have been a patient there.

He was in charge at Broadmoor?? What made him qualified for that job? Should have been a patient there.

damned if i know
    i grew up in manchester in the 70's
    place was riddled with nonces

That whole piece was like a clip Chris Moris would make for Brasseye, I would be laughing my ass off if it wasn't non fiction :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The whole situation is utterly bizarre. Overruling nurses on the treatment of the patients?? Giving them alcohol?? WTF? Weird, weird stuff.

Read an article that said the number of victims could be up to 300. Sounds as much of a psycho as any Broadmoor patient.

• Advertisement
Advertisement