Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween/30th birthday fancy dress theme ideas

Options
  • 05-08-2012 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I'll probably get abuse for putting up a Halloween related thread on the 5th of August....but here goes! Im going to be turning 30 at the end of October and my birthday celebrations will coincide with the bank holiday weekend, so Ive decided to go with the whole fancy dress thing. I reckon there'll be a group of about 10-15 of us, and a few of my friends have suggested that I have a theme. Im not the most imaginative when it comes to fancy dress, so Im not having any joys trying to decide on a theme, and none of my friends have had any great ideas either! Can anybody suggest any good themes?

I know theres plenty of costume websites etc but if im going to go with a theme, Id like to let people know soonish so that they have plenty of time to organise their costumes, rather than leaving it to the last minute and putting people under pressure to buy expensive costumes online. Also, if I go with a theme, id like my costume to stand out a little, seeing as I'll be the birthday girl! Finally, Id like to go with something a little different to all the obvious Halloween costumes, such as witches etc!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh your lucky tis happening on Halloween, you get to dress up and there is lots happening...

You could always just do your favourite horror movie person, or The rocky horror picture show is always a good one to go with can like learn the dances and all that off to it and if someone doesnt want to do the whole dress scary then they can..

Or you could try a Zombie beach/lone island theme..All to arrive as Zombies and you could decorate in beach style but with a bit of gore involved, and have cocktails with eyeballs - yeah there would be loads things you could do for that.

mmm think think

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

How about an 80's or 90's theme - leaves lots of scope for creativity and you can have the party food from those days. Another good one is fairy tails, cause it could be anything from Cinderella to Shrek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

How about something or someone you have always wanted to be!

We were at one of those a few years ago and this woman had monopoly money pinned all over her - she was made of money! Another guy was in Arab national dress with 2 sunflower oil bottles hanging around his neck - he was an oil sheikh! Brill!

The guy who was having the party had really gone to town and got a Mask costume made (Jim Carrey yellow suit) hat and all and painted his face!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 McGooeyBum

Tim Burtons movies themed party? Loads of characters to choose from.

Or an odd one could be a Food themed party people could also dress up in ketchup bottles etc

ss_101272900.jpg

Or a 1920s theme but you wouldn't have to just stick to these typical men and womans outfits you could have folks dressed up in everyday 1920s style or have them all in zombie 1920s :pac:

roaring_20s.jpg

Advertisement