Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pokemon Game

• 05-08-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi I'm looking for a pokemon for the DS which are the best and and the best multiplayer. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gold and Silver seem to be the fan favourites so you could go for the new DS remakes of those. I also hear Black and White are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 paulc98

What are pearl and diamond.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They're the games before black and white. Meant to be good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

paulc98 wrote: »
    What are pearl and diamond.

If you're going with the fist-wave of Gen 4 DS games, go for Platinum. It's the omnibus edition of the above, similar to Crystal, Emerald and Yellow. It's missing a couple extra Pokemon that can be picked up through trades, but it adds extra-story content and new lands on the region, while removing the bugs of Diamond and Pearl, like surfing being so slow you replicates the actual act of taking the slow-ferry to Holyhead, it's a lot faster in Platinum. Mind, there are a couple of handy hacks in Diamond and Pearl, so it's up to how legit you want to play the games.

HeartGold and Soulsilver are very good games, that act as a sort of omnibus edition of the series thus far, in regards to Pokemon on offer, while still being remakes of a couple of nostalgia-fueled favourites, and adding stacks of stuff to what was present in the original.

So I'd go for Platinum and HG/SS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Go for Black or White, or for Black 2 or White 2 when they're released.

The Dreamworld makes collecting so much easier now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement