Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Classic' films you didn't think were all that great.

Options
  • 05-08-2012 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Saw Chariots of Fire given the season that's in it for the first time recently. It's a good film, but not AMAZING.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

lazygal wrote: »
    Saw Chariots of Fire given the season that's in it for the first time recently. It's a good film, but not AMAZING.

No chariots and no fire.
    Fuckin' liars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I think Scarface is average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Raging Bull. Honestly preferred Rocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Star Wars. There. I've said it. Its ok. But the way people Talk about it, you'd think it was the only film ever made.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Saw the original Charlie and the chocolate factory for the first time last Christmas. Thought it was a bit daft and not good at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Saw the original Charlie and the chocolate factory for the first time last Christmas. Thought it was a bit daft and not good at all.

This!

I actually prefer the new Tim Burton version, thought it was far closer to the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

The Rocky anthology for me. Honestly couldn't even force my way through them. Then again I do have a serious aversion to sport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 HidePork

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - not even a proper Western and they copied that bike scene from a silent movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Fell asleep during Citizen Kane. Loved Metropolis though.

Most of the big blockbuster types are so overhyped they can never live up to my expectations. I'm very suggestible :).

I found Inception, and especially Avatar to be really tedious and convoluted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Bladerunner,load of cobblers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

The Godfather trilogy, load of shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭twinytwo

taxi driver.... a film that defined a generation... pppplllleeeeaaassssee..... can i get my 2 hours back???.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Giselle wrote: »
    Fell asleep during Citizen Kane. Loved Metropolis though.

Most of the big blockbuster types are so overhyped they can never live up to my expectations. I'm very suggestible :).

I found Inception, and especially Avatar to be really tedious and convoluted.

Oh thank god! I'm not the only one! I thought inception was crap, the whole concept for both movies was just to provide a framework to wrap kewl sheshul effex around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Drive.

Everyone was banging on about this film this year. I thought it was OK.
    Didn't really do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Raging Bull, Casablanca, Miller's Crossing, Scarface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Teminater 2 and The Dark Knight,

I seen John Carter last week, I was expecting it to be lousy, but it was actually an enjoyable film. It didn't deserve the derision it got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Citizen Kane.. Mildly interesting but I just don't understand the obsession film conessieurs have with it. 7/10 but far from greatest film ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ahh here

Blade Runner is awesome :D

My pesonal loathing is Shawshank i fvcking hate that movie its crap

feel good movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Christ above, really!?

Although I am absolutely in love with Harrison Ford. Rutger Hauter is unbelievably cool as well; he plays his role spectacularly. Also I love sci fi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

'the searchers'...regarded as the best western ever made... i thought the dollars trilogy kicked the stuffing out of it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Citizen Kane
    Casablanca
    English Patient (way too many oscars)
    Inception (interesting concept made rediculous)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Shawshank Redemption. I mean, it's good, but not the 'best move ever!1!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Chloris wrote: »
    Christ above, really!?

Although I am absolutely in love with Harrison Ford. Rutger Hauter is unbelievably cool as well; he plays his role spectacularly. Also I love sci fi!

Loved that film to and he was genetically engineered to play that role, it was an inspired casting for Roy Batty. I loved the music as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

The Matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 maggege

Woody Allen's movies are not that great. Overrated in my opinion. Especially his very firts movies... The same story on and on just different background but all the same. After years of work he finally made some not great but OK movies e.g. Vicky Cristina Barcelona or Small Time Crooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Birroc wrote: »
    Citizen Kane
    Casablanca
    English Patient (way too many oscars)
    Inception (interesting concept made rediculous)

I forgot about The English Patient. Six months of my life I can never have back.

So long.

So very, very, very, very long :(.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Lad has a sweet factory.
    Big swing.

Also as a business man he needs to address over elaborate and cost inefficient production methods. Also the marketing dept should be able to do better than a competition for a "free tour of the facility" Laughable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 The MiniVan

The new batman movie out now,The Dark Knight Rises.......I know its not a classic movie but everyone I know is goin about what a brilliant flick it is.

I thought it was ok.........not a patch on the previous batman movie with Heath Ledger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Colmustard wrote: »
    Loved that film to and he was genetically engineered to play that role, it was an inspired casting for Roy Batty. I loved the music as well.

Cinema photogrpahy was top notch to !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Indiana Jones. Thoroughly mediocre films.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement