Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suzuki Burgman or Yamaha Xmax

• 05-08-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm looking at a couple of these over the next few days (all 125cc)

Just wondering what people think is the better bike

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Chopper77 wrote: »

Thanks

Not sure about the Xmax but I have the 125cc Burgman and it is a fine bike. Never let me down in the 9 years I have had it although I have not put up too much milage on it. Keeps up with traffic on the M50 when I need it to and is a very comfortable ride. The handbrake is a useful addition on it too as it can be used when stopped at a traffic lights on slight inclines and then released very quickly to get moving.
    It is very light on fuel too which is a bonus these days and servicing does not cost an arm and a leg either.
    Just my two cents, perhaps someone will be along in a while to offer an opinion on the Xmax. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Chopper77

Miscreant wrote: »
    Chopper77 wrote: »

Thanks

Not sure about the Xmax but I have the 125cc Burgman and it is a fine bike. Never let me down in the 9 years I have had it although I have not put up too much milage on it. Keeps up with traffic on the M50 when I need it to and is a very comfortable ride. The handbrake is a useful addition on it too as it can be used when stopped at a traffic lights on slight inclines and then released very quickly to get moving.
    It is very light on fuel too which is a bonus these days and servicing does not cost an arm and a leg either.
    Just my two cents, perhaps someone will be along in a while to offer an opinion on the Xmax. :D

Thanks for the reply

I'm not really going to be on the M50 that much. The main road I'd be on can get get a bit of a sharp cross wind at a certain part of the road at times. So I'm looking for one that would hold the road better. I'm on a Suzuki AN 125 at moment, so would probably feel it a bit more

Also wondering why of all the bikes of both makes I've looked at online, the xmas is always a few quid more.

Also apart from those 2, is there any other those type bikes that I should consider ?

Miscreant wrote: »

Viewed a couple of Burgmans tonight.

Whats it like as a road holder in the wind ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

had a burgman 125 2008. Let me down a good few times at the lights (cut out). Mate had a 250 and same thing. Went yamaha this time and no issues (400 majesty) and never let down at the lights

• Advertisement
Advertisement