Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland NI lodgements

Options
  • 05-08-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Do you answer questions in relation to Bank of Ireland NI or just the south?

It had been possible to use my bank card for my BOI NI current account in the UK Post Office to lodge money over the counter. Most UK banks have this service.

On Friday, I went in to the Post Office to do this and they told me the service is no longer available and I need to use personalised lodgement slips from now.

Is this correct and why has the service been stopped?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi sitstill,

We can answer questions regarding Bank of Ireland NI products.

As far as we are aware, customers can't use their Bank of Ireland NI cards in the mainland UK post offices, but should be able to use them in Northern Ireland Post Offices. If you were able to use the card in a mainland UK post office, it may have been a decision the post office themselves allowed.

You should still have no issue using the card in Northern Ireland Post Offices.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Hi sitstill,

We can answer questions regarding Bank of Ireland NI products.

As far as we are aware, customers can't use their Bank of Ireland NI cards in the mainland UK post offices, but should be able to use them in Northern Ireland Post Offices. If you were able to use the card in a mainland UK post office, it may have been a decision the post office themselves allowed.

You should still have no issue using the card in Northern Ireland Post Offices.

Thanks
    Linda

Thanks for this Linda.

Can you just confirm for me that I would be able to make a lodgement using a lodgment slip in a UK Post Office as I was told in the Post Office? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi sitstill,

Provided that the Post Office is in the same jurisdiction as your account, ie NI account and NI Post Office, you can make lodgements using personalised lodgement slips. These are available from your local branch. Details of our branch locations, opening hours and contact details can be found here.

Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement