Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle and Curry's Ireland.

• 05-08-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

We had a bad Kindle week.First my eldest daughter's kindle screen become distorted.I emailed Amazon in USA as I bought it from them last October and they agrred to replace it without any hassle.

Then a younger sister brought hers to the local funfair and came home and found it also had screen issues.This one was bought in Currys in March and we brought it back to them yesterday and they didn't want to know.We had no insurance and warranty does not cover damaged screen....

LESSON: DONT BUY YOUR kINDLE FROM CURRYS.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ward2wise wrote: »
    We had a bad Kindle week.First my eldest daughter's kindle screen become distorted.I emailed Amazon in USA as I bought it from them last October and they agrred to replace it without any hassle.

Then a younger sister brought hers to the local funfair and came home and found it also had screen issues.This one was bought in Currys in March and we brought it back to them yesterday and they didn't want to know.We had no insurance and warranty does not cover damaged screen....

Maybe talk to Declan on the Talk to PC World/Curry's forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1333

He's spot on and if he can help he will.

Just one question, your kid takes her kindle to the local funfair and the screen gets damaged, was asking for trouble by taking such a device to a place where there's pretty fast rides. But go ahead, blame Curry's, totally there fault that Kindles and Waltzers don't mix :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

How did the screen get damaged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

ward2wise wrote: »

My understanding is that you have the same level of support/warranty with Amazon.com whether you buy it in the US or through Currys.
    I would suggest you contact Amazon about the second Kindle - it might throw up a red flag if you are reporting two in one week - however if the issue is covered under manufacturers warranty - then you might be okay.

On the Currys comments - when I had kindle problems recently I had no problem with them getting a replacement as soon as I called to one of their stores (I had insurance) I found them great to deal with.
    Before I went in I contacted Amazon as well who said if I had problems with the retailer that I could return to them (as the issue I had was under warranty).
    I chose getting the replacement with Currys as it was the fastest approach to get back up and running again.

Advertisement